The Boy Wonder

"No," I said. "Not everyone." My eyes follow Raven as she slowly stands up. She stretches, yawns, and wipes her hair out of her face. I'm struck by her beauty.

Then her eyes narrow, and she seems to understand my logic. "I'll go."

"Wait a minute, why can't Cy or I go?" Beast Boy asks.

I give Raven a long look before turning to Beast Boy. "We aren't in our own dimension. No one thinks of us as anything but comic book characters. We have lost all of the respect that we once had."

"So you and Cy can't be seen in public." Raven finishes.

"But if I wear a sweatshirt and sunglasses....." Cyborg seems upset.

"I don't want to take that chance." I reply. "I'm sorry, Cyborg. And you too, Beast Boy."

"It's okay, Robin. I understand." BB says.

"We'll need someone to stay here in order to get them anything they need." Raven says exactly what I'm thinking. She meets my eyes. "I'll blend in at a high school better than you, Dick." She smiles grimly. "I'm the quiet goth everyone will ignore, whereas you would attract all the girls and immediately be popular. Plus you don't want to take off your mask, do you?"

"Raven, you don't have to be the one to do this. Most of your points don't even make sense."

"Hey BB, I don't know about you but I'm tired. Let's go." Cyborg drags the young teen through the door connecting our rooms.

Raven watches them go, her face a careful mask. Without a word, she sits back down on the bed and runs a hand through her dark hair.

"Raven?" I ask. She looks up. "You seem determined to do this." I wait for her to say no; to say that she's terrified. But this is Raven, and all that I get is a look and silence. "I won't stop you, if you're certain. But if you feel threatened, make sure to pull out and we can try again."

Raven gives me a smile. "Thank you, Robin."

With that conversation over, silence reigns, and I am left to my thoughts. I pull out a pad of paper from the hotel desk and take the pen beside it. Then I lay down on my bed and make a list of what we'll need to do to make this plan work.

............................A/N.............................

Hello to anyone still reading this or to anyone who just joined! I've realized how short my updates are recently. Do you guys mind if I ask something of you? Could you comment below if you prefer short chapters and fast updates or long chapters and slightly slower updates? Thank you!