From Darkness Born

As it always is, the first thing I see is the purplish haze of the spirit realm. The ground forms underneath me, and them I am flying over a barren landscape. My wings are hard-pressed to get me where I need to go. The world itself seems to fight against me.

Finally, purple gives way to white. Tall building reach for the sky. their brilliance would be blinding if I had not grown up here.

I am in Azarath.

The world is just as I left it. Abandoned. But I came here for a reason, and that reason was not regret.

I circle the city once before landing on the smallest building. The temple. The monks may have been worshipping Trigon, but there is one room in particular that could be very helpful to me.

The temple tries to scare me away when I enter. I find that I am back in my human form, wearing my cloak. The room before me is filled with pews of the dead. Blood and bones are all around me as I continue to approach the sanctuary of the temple. My mother lies dead on the altar as I pass. I stay unemotional and enter the holiest room.

Its walls are bare, and there is nothing on the floor but a quilt. I shut the door behind me and lay down on the quilt. The walls immediately shimmer and give me the answers I seek.

Within that ageless room, I witness the birth and many deaths of one man. The death of his planet, and his escape to Earth. His best friend, who destroyed their planet. His will for revenge.

This man has control over time and space, like all of his dead kin. And he wants to kill everyone on Earth in order to let his people rise again.

Knowing this, I exit the room and walk back through the temple, which is now empty. I soon leave all of Azarath behind me and travel through the purple plains. When I reach the place that I know Earth to be, I stop to collect my thoughts. Once I have everything sorted, I dive through the portal and wake up in my own body.

When I open my eyes, the boys are already crowded around me.

"What did you find out?" BB asks.

"His name is the Master." I reply as I sit up groggily.

"How can we defeat him?" Robin asks.

"He's a school teacher." I inform them. "Here in town."

"I guess we are going to school then." Cyborg smiles.

.............................A//N.....................................

I updated twice today but I did so on my phone, so I apologize for any problems with grammar or spelling. As for the chapters themselves, they are short and confusing, but I hope they are satisfactory. If you guys have any suggestions for fixing this chapter feel free to tell me.