Half Metal, Half Heart

A//N: WARNING! This is short and has another cliffhanger......enjoy!

................................................................

After killing all of the Daleks and rescuing the last people, we finally turn toward the Biology lab. I can sense the anxiety rolling off of Robin in waves as we run back down the hallway. Beast Boy exchanges a look with me.

When we reach the door, it is covered by a blackish-purple force. Raven's magic.

"Raven! Let us in!" Robin shouts, pounding on the door. From where we are, the only thing visible is the corner of a blue, human-sized box.

"Raven! Come on, man!" I moan as I think for a way in. "I could build a destabilizer from parts in my arm, but it'd take time."

"Well, do it!" Beast Boy encourages as a strangled cry comes from inside the classroom.

"Raven!" Robin shouts again. It's starting to get on my nerves.

"Shut him up while I work, will you?" I ask BB. He nods and grabs Robin's arm while I detach my own. The pain is momentary as my fake nerves deactivate almost immediately. I soon find one problem. "Uh....one if you is gonna have to work as my hands."

Robin starts towards me just as a ball of pure light hits Beast Boy square in the chest. He flies into the lockers on the other side of the hallway.

Robin runs over to him. I weigh my options, then reattach my arm and join them.

Beast Boy won't respond to our prodding, no matter what we do. We are still hunched over him when the gunshot rings out.

The barrier goes down as we whip our heads around. Beast Boy groans from his spot on the ground. Robin opens his mouth in a wordless cry. From inside the room, two screams ring out. Raven and a man, who I assume is the Master. A bright light rushes through the doorframe and completely blinds my human eye, but my artificial eye watches as the light travels down the entire hallway.

A warm sensation travels down my body, leaving me confused. Although I have nerves for feeling outside things, I lack the organs needed to create the hormones needed to feel emotional outputs such as 'butterflies in my stomach' or 'the warm, tingly sensation'.

Suddenly, I am screaming as my body is ripped apart from the inside.