~20~

——————————————————————

'Love can resemble that of an ocean.
Endless and easy to drown in'

——————————————————————

Kara's eyes slowly fluttered open, her vision coming to her. It took her a moment to process what had happened, wires attached to her body.

Alex stood beside her, watching her carefully.

"Did I kill anyone?" Was the only thing she could ask.

"No, you didn't. But the cure worked and that is good." Alex responded. Kara had glanced at Alex and upon seeing the cast that held Alex' broken arm up, she felt a wave of guilt rush over her, remembering how tightly she held Alex' arm.

"Your arm- I... I'm so sorry. Are you okay?!" Kara asked.

"It's just a couple of broken bones. It'll heal. And this will too." Alex assured.

As much as Kara attempted to keep her tears at bay, she couldn't help it. The guilt was eating her alive and suddenly, all her tears began flowing. Seeing the tears on her younger sisters face, Alex couldn't help as her strong demeanour slowly began to falter.

"It was so horrible Alex, it was so bad. I was so... horrible. Every bad thought that I've ever had... it... it just came to the surface." Kara said, her voice cracking as her emotions were deeply affecting her. She really did regret her actions and had felt terrible for what she'd done.

"I didn't mean it... I didn't mean what I said to you. I'm sorry, I'm sorry for what I said" Kara added, her heart breaking with a pang of guilt at each memory and each word she had previously spat under the red influence.

"Kara. You're my sister. And I love you. No matter what" Alex assured, nodding her head slightly to make a point.

"What you said... it did hurt. But... I forgive you. Though.. we may have to work on that." Alex said, Kara nodding through her state in understanding.

Alex turned around, picking up the bag of food as she passed it to Kara.

"You need to eat" Alex said, Kara shaking her head in denial.

"Elle... Lizzie... Barry. I... I need to talk to them. To him..." Kara said.

"And you will but first eat."

"I'm not hungry. Please... I need to see him." Kara said.

"Kara... I don't think he wants to see you now"

"Please, Alex"

"I'll talk to him" Alex sighed.

——

Barry sat with Adelaide, stroking her hair as the two watched TV together. He was stuck in his thoughts, going over the events of the entire Red Kryptonite situation. However the knock on the door broke him out of his thoughts.

Adelaide and Barry looked at each other.

"Don't open it..." Adelaide said, scared of who could be on the other side.