Part 3

"Do you think that will work out?"

Seated beside Honami on a bench outside the mall, Kanzaki asked in a serious tone.

"I exactly don't know whether all of them would agree or not......But I want to do this anyway."

Honami replied with a smile of determination which put Kanzaki at a loss for words.

He knew that she was a good-natured and strong-willed girl. If she put her mind at it, she would try to follow through no matter what.

There were times when, because of her actions, they had lost to other classes. But she was their leader. And what sort of person doesn't believe and trust their leader, more so when it was a person like Honami.

Kanzaki had his doubts whether she will be able to do what she had just said now. Even if she somehow managed to get the leaders of all the classes together it still wasn't sure whether all of them would agree on what she would propose.

But Kanzaki believed that she would do something about it. After all, she wouldn't want any of the students getting expelled even if it meant saving her enemies.

"By the way......."

"Hmm?"

"What is that behind you?"

Pointing at a small box that she had been hiding from him, he asked her.

"H-Huh?! Oh? This?! T-This is just a p-present for a friend!"

She was acting way too flustered for that to be just some present for a friend.

Kanzaki found it suspicious and tried to think of what the reason might be.

He held her in a suspicious gaze and Honami was fidgeting, trying to avoid looking him in the eyes. It made him more suspicious.

Today wasn't any occasion or festival to give a friend a present so that meant it was definitely a birthday present.

He tried to think of a student who had a birthday today.

No one came to mind.

He tried to think of someone who might have a birthday in the upcoming days.

No one came to mind.

"Hmm?"

When he was sorting through things, for some reason, she straightened up and looked away from him.

She was desperately trying not to look at him and her eyes were glued to the other side.

It made him even more suspicious.

He was sure that her reaction just now wasn't because of him.

So, why was she trying to avoid looking in his direction?

Just to confirm things, he turned around to look if someone was behind him.

"Oh?"

The moment he spotted a certain boy walking towards the mall, everything fell to place.

He realized everything about why she was acting all flustered and unusually clumsy. He also realized for whom the gift was and he also found the answer to why she was acting all sneaky and suspicious all day yesterday.

A smile spread across his lips as he thought of calling the source of all this.

Slightly raising his voice, he called out to the boy.

"Oye, Ayanokoji!"

***

"Oye, Ayanokoji!"

I was just about to enter the mall when I heard someone call my name.