Chapter 7

"Nikolai, don't eat that!" Marina shouts, rushing towards him.

He brings a crayon to his mouth about to chomp down on it, but She snatches the crayon away, and Nikolai just stares at her until you see little droplets of tears falling down his face. He crawls towards me, and lays his head on my tummy, crying some more.

"Aw poor baby!" I rub his back, trying to quiet him down

He sniffles. "Na"

He calls me Na because he can't say Jenna. I think it's cute.

"It's okay, Nik" I pat his back "Momma's being mean I know"

Marina sticks her tongue out at me and I laugh a little. My phones rings for the thousandth time today. I look at the phone and it's Reed. Groaning loudly I answer the phone.

"You've been ignoring my calls" someone says as soon as I put it to my ear.

Jack. This wasn't Reed. Jack was using his phone to get to me. I bite my lip, trying to keep the tears in which doesn't work much.

"I've been so worried" he sighs

I sniffle, trying to hide the fact that I was crying. As much as I attempted to hide the truth, it wasn't hard to take notice of. This is the most I've cried ever! You have to do something pretty awful to make me cry and him rejecting me like this is one of them.

"Jenna? Are you crying?" He croaks out "kitten.. Are you crying because of me? I'm coming over. I'm sorry-"

I cut him off "I-I'm fine, Jack. Just stay over there. I'll be over here for a while since you want to stay away from m-me so much" I say, my voice hoarse

"I wasn't trying to keep you away.."

"I mean I understand you were freaking out because you think you hurt me, but that is no reason to-"

"No, That is only half the reason why. Yes, I was a little shaken up by the incident, but that is not even close to the real reason. So quit fucking assuming shit!" He yells into the phone

I gasp, letting my hand fly to my mouth. Well, that escalated quickly. He has never cursed at me before. Yes, he's cursed before, but never at me. Ever.

"Kitten? Jenna, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

I hang up in his face. I cover my face with my hands, letting the tears fall once again. I'm way too sensitive. Ugh. Soon My hands are being pulled off by Nikolai's tiny hands.

"Oh!" He squeaks, touching my tears

He begins to frantically wipe my face, trying to get the tears to go away. I laugh after he's done 'cleaning' my tears.

"Boo boo?" He asks, gently poking my eyelid

I nod and he bends down to put a tiny kiss on my closed eyelids. He thought my eyes were hurting. He wraps his tiny arms around my head, placing his little cheek on my lips, giving me a hug. My cute little nephew. Even though he can only say a few short words they mean a lot more.

"Aw" Marina walks out the kitchen, holding her cheeks.

"He saw me crying and tried to help" I mumble

Nikolai giggles when I talk. "Na Na! Wuv you"

I chuckle. "Love you too, Nik"

++++

Reed and I have been texting for a couple hours. He's trying to convince me to talk to Jack.

Reed: babe, please?

Me: No, Reed

Reed: Okay...I'm going to tell you a big secret.

Me: Anything to get off the Jack subject

Reed: There's a guy who likes you

Me: Really? Who? Is it Sammy because if it is I already knew that. He texted me the other day and asked me out soo we're dating now!

Reed: Oh, then there are two or three guys who like you. Sammy and two others

Me: Who's the other two? Tell me, tell me, tell me!

Reed: Nope

Me: Whoooo are theyyyy?

Reed: Only my brother knows so in order to find out you have to talk to him. I don't mean call or text. I mean actually sit in the same room and have a talk with him

Me: Reed!

Reed: No. Talk to him.

Me: Fine. Tell him to meet me at my favorite smoothie place

Reed: Will do.

Me: I'll see you later, okay?

Reed: Alright

I put my phone in my pocket and put on my shoes. "I'm gonna go talk to a friend. I'll be back"

"Okay" Marina shouts from the kitchen

I grab my keys and head to the car.

Gosh, I'm nervous.