4

"You ok?"

-------------------

I jolted upwards, causing me to hit my head on the roof of my car. I held the back of my head in one of my hands and turned around to face the person who was talking to me.

They were leaning down and staring at me with a concerned look. They had dark hair, but most of it was hidden with a beanie. They had dark brown eyes and weren't really tall but weren't short either. They offered me a hand to help me out of the car and, naturally, I took it. They hoisted me out of the seat and in front of them.

We were roughly the same height.

"Um, yeah, I'm ok. Thanks," I mumbled, a little shaken from the unexpected interaction.

He offered me his hand again, but this time to shake it, "I'm Alex."

"I'm Y/N. Are you a friend of George?"

"Yeah! You must be his sibling!" He said cheerfully as he rested his hand by his leg again.

"Well, I have something to grab. You can go ahead in, I won't be long," I said as I turned around and climbed back into my car.

"You sure? It isn't that safe at night," He said, the worry evident in his tone.

"Well, Alex, I'm not sure where you grew up but this place is safe. It's a good neighborhood and practically everyone knows each other. If something bad were to happen everyone would know immediately, and I can take care of myself," Just as I said that I found my notebook, "But, seeing as I just found what I'm looking for, I guess we will be walking in together."

I climbed out of the car and closed the door, locking it directly after. Alex and I walked to the door and I threw it open,

"George! We're home!" Alex shouted.

"Big Q?" Wilbur yelled as he ran around the corner.