9

I nodded my head rapidly and pulled him into another hug.

------------------

I slipped out of the car and stretched. I felt stiff from keeping my arms in a similar position while I drove, but my body also felt like jelly while I thought about what had just happened. Alex went to go stand next to me and fiddled with his own thumb.

We began walking to my brother's front door and I pulled out the key to his house.

"Do you think we should, um," He paused, "Do you think we should tell him?" I smiled softly.

"Let's give it a day or so, we don't want to overwhelm him."

Alex nodded, and I unlocked the door. Swinging it open, I yelled,

"We're here, George!" I called out.

Before long George rounded the corner, nearly running into the small couch that sat next to the turn.

"Y/N! Question!"

Alex looked at me, confused.

"What is this?" George took his phone and shoved the screen into my face. It was a picture of me and Alex hugging next to some bushes. The caption read,

"I was too scared to go say hi, but who is this? Twitter, explain."

My heart dropped into my stomach and my face went cold. I traded a look with Alex, and when I saw him open his mouth I could swear that my heart stopped.

"We met up there and hugged. It was nothing but a small greeting." He smiled, his lie see-through. To me, at least.

"Really?" George mused, swiping. It was a picture of us kissing. On Twitter, with at least 20,000 likes already. My heart beat in my ears and I felt as if I was choking.

"George," Alex coughed out, "Oh shit, Y/N."

I covered my face with my hands and pressed my back against the door, sliding down it. I felt sick.

"Y/N," George said, bending down to my level, "Y/N it's OK."

"No it's not!" I yelled, taking my hands off of my face, "What are we supposed to do? Most of his fans don't even know I exist!"

"And? I'm sure it will be ok. If Quackity says something I'm sure most of his fans will leave you alone."

I sighed and grabbed my phone. I had already been @'d in the post countless times and I was beyond terrified. It wasn't that I was scared to be seen with him, I was worried that it wouldn't work out. I didn't know how his fans would react if we broke up, and I was scared about the backlash that I was going to receive once we addressed this situation.

Alex sunk down to my level and wrapped me in a hug.

"I'm sure it will be fine, we just have to say something when we're asked. The people who say things about it aren't real fans."

I returned the favor, wrapping my arms around his torso.

"Alright, just," I put my chin on his shoulder, "When is your next stream?"

"I'm not sure, whenever George wants to?"

Alex pulled back a bit and looked at George.

"Well, about that," George chuckled nervously, looking back at his recording room.

"You're live?!" Alex yelled, causing me to snap my head up and moved away from his face.

'Sorry' he mouthed to me.

"Yeah... I'd suggest coming back to the room with me before the viewers get worried."

Alex nodded and got up, sparing me a glance before he walked back to George's recording studio with him.

I sighed and picked up my phone again, deciding to scroll through TikTok in hopes that the picture hadn't gotten too big yet.

I was wrong.

My entire fyp was covered in videos about those pictures. Conspiracies, ships, outrage. Exactly what I was afraid of. Exactly why I wanted to keep it a secret from the public.

Things like this make me wish I would've never gotten involved with the internet. I love my fanbase and the love that they give me, but sometimes I could just live a private life where I didn't have to worry about what I look like and who I'm with in public 24/7.

But I signed up for this, and I knew that this was going to happen if I got popular, so I couldn't really complain. But it still sucked.

I closed TikTok and, dreadfully, opened Twitter. I decided to make some people's day and read some dms.

I scrolled as far back in my message history that I had the patience for. Most of them were copypastas, declarations of love, people telling me about how I saved their lives. I made sure to respond to those last ones. Once I got bored I decided to actually face the issue at hand. Shooting my brother a text, I opened his stream.

Alex was spinning in George's chair and George was on his phone in the background.

"Quackity." George spoke up, "It's time. They're watching."

Alex stopped spinning and sighed.

"Could we just get them in here? I don't want to say anything that they don't agree with."

On queue, I clicked off my phone and began walking to the room. I knocked on the door lightly and peeked my head in.

"You called?"

"Oh hey, Y/- I mean, U/N?"

I nodded, "You can call me either. It doesn't matter."

I slid into the room and waved at the camera.

"Where should we start?"

We told them everything. How I'm George's sibling, how me and Alex met, when and how we got together. There, obviously, was those few comments about how I shouldn't be with him and how I was a bad person and how I didn't deserve him. I didn't pay much attention to them.

We ended up playing Minecraft and laughing the night away, not entirely aware of what was going down in the Dream Smp at the moment.