18

That night, Will promised me that if I ever felt that way again that he would try to distract me. Needless to say, we spent a lot of time together from there on. Whether it was a simple meetup at the local coffee shop, or cooking some dinner and watching a movie. Somehow, Will had managed to land himself in the spot of my favorite person in the few months we spent together.

Sometimes, naturally, I would snap at him. We hung out all the time since I wasn't supposed to be alone. No sharp/harmful objects in my room, no more candles, no more cooking alone.

No more living alone.

"Y/N! It's starting!" Will called from the living room.

"I'm on my way!"

I looked at myself in the mirror, straightening out a familiar tie. I didn't necessarily have a reason to dress up, but I felt like experiencing some nostalgia today. Even if it did make me sad.

The blazer was worn by the wash, but was still surprisingly comfortable. A shame that I wasn't going to wear it.

I slid out of the bathroom and over to the kitchen, grabbing the large bowl of popcorn heading over to the living room where Will was waiting for me.

"What'd you pick?" I said, sitting down.

"Hamilton. It's a little old, but I still love it."

"Ah, yes. Hamilton, a classic."

Will grabbed the bowl from me, scooping a handful of popcorn into his mouth. He fumbled over to the remote, pressing play again. The tell-tale opening song started with both of us watching with wide eyes, excited for the historical musical.

As the musical came to a close, Will sighed.

"I'll never get sick of Hamilton."

"I mean, understandable. You did write a whole revolution in a video game based on it."

"Yeah, I did. Good times."

"I kinda miss Tommy. I wonder where he is right now..."

"Probably some job. You know Tommy, serious when he wants to be. I kind of wish he would've taken up acting, he would be amazing at it, but he never expressed any real interest in it."

"Do you think he's still streaming?"

"I doubt it," Will's eyes darted to his phone and then back to me, "I still follow him, after all. He hasn't been live for a while now."

"When was the last time he posted?"

"I honestly can't remember, it's been so long. Unless he's gotten a new channel."

"It's a possibility."

We sat in silence for another few minutes, finishing off the rest of the popcorn from our second bowl. Will laughed a few times while he scrolled through his phone, me leaving myself to my own thoughts. Memories, more so. I really did miss Tommy and his loud, disruptive behavior. Despite the annoying factor, he was like a little brother to me, always teasing me and Alex. Third-wheeling us, mocking our little complements.

I wonder how he's doing now. Maybe he has a girlfriend, he is twenty after all. Oh, how time flies.

I heaved myself off of the couch and began walking towards the hallway,

"I'm gonna head to bed, goodnight. Feel free to wake me up if you need anything."

Will shouted a small, 'goodnight' after me.

I closed my door and smiled,

Maybe it was a good thing I stayed.