25

CW: Puke, detailed description of rotten milk & eggs
------------

You sat back down on the couch, the once crooked painting now straight. But, just as you relaxed, it slid out of place again.

An endless loop. Perfection for a few moments, but something always goes wrong.

So, you rose again. This time, you grabbed a second nail. You didn't even have to hammer it in the wall, there was already a hole. A hole was put there by yourself years ago. You lifted the painting and pushed in the reinforcement.

Now, the painting sat still, no longer falling out of place. But, it was off-center. You chose to do something else, letting the thought of displaced painting linger in the back of your mind until it inevitably faded away.

You approached the kitchen. The fridge door was cracked open and water trailed out.

You moved to close it, but when you pushed it something was blocking the door. So, you opened it to see what you could rearrange.

Bright, fresh ingredients stocked the fridge, taking up more space than last time. But, you knew what to do.

You moved the eggs, the milk, the creamer, the butter, and the meat around until they fit together like a perfect puzzle, leaving just enough room for the final piece. You closed the door.

Next was the dishes.

You began stacking and moving the dirty dishes that covered the counters and table to the sink. Once the sink was full, you turned on the water and began to wash them.

The dishes were clean and drying.

You heard a creak.

The fridge door inched open and a rancid smell filled the room. Thick, chunky, green-ish milk poured from the top shelf onto the floor. The rotten eggs tipped out of the carton and displayed a disgusting picture that you had seen countless times before.

Alex's face stared towards the ceiling, painted with spoiled groceries. But, the closer you looked, the more the face looked like Will's.

*Click*

"Good morning!" Will chimed.

You sprung out of bed and ran straight to the bathroom, emptying your already vacant guts into the ceramic bowl.

"Y/N?" Will yelled, panicked.

"Are you ok?"

"Y/N?"

Will's voice grew gentle as he peered past the door.

"Is it back?"

You stayed quiet, not daring to look back at his face and see the disgusting picture.

"Hey..." He reached out to touch your shoulder, barely brushing your skin.

"No!"

"What?" He drew back.

"Shut up!"

"Y/N? What's going on?"

"Go away! Please just go away!"

Without another word, Will obeyed and gently shut the door.

-

"Will?" You called his name and swallowed hard.

He turned his head towards you, offering a small smile.

"I'm sorry about that."

"It's alright. If you're comfortable telling me, what happened?"

"Just that... Old nightmare. You know the one."

"Right."

You stood in silence for a moment.

"Are you alright?"

"I think so. It just," you paused, "caught me by surprise."

You chuckled, attempting to ease the tension.

He just stood and began to walk over to you.

You looked up at him, meeting his gaze.

"Are you alright?"

You looked down ashamedly.

"No."

He pulled you into a hug and rested his head on yours.

"It's ok. It's ok to not be ok."

"...

I know."

You wrapped your arms around him weakly, letting him hold you.

"What do you think made it come back?"

"Uhm," You paused, debating on telling him.

"It's ok if you don't want to tell me."

"You."

"What?" He pulled back a bit to look at you.

"I think," Tears welled in your eyes, "I think it was you."

He went quiet, searching your face for a tell to lead him to believe that you were lying. But he found nothing.

"Why?"

"I," Before you could choke out the words, the tears fell from your eyes and ran down your face. You let out a sob and buried your face in his chest like you had so many times before.

"I'm sorry," you cried.

"It's okay, Y/N."

He held you tighter.

"It's okay."