26 (Final)

"It's okay."

You folded your hands in your lap, avoiding eye contact with the man sitting across from you. You still felt guilty for yelling at him yesterday.

"So," He cleared his throat, "Are you ready to talk about it?"

"I'm not sure."

"Well, that's fine. You don't need to tell me yet. Or at all, really," He paused, "I would just prefer if you did tell me at some point."

"Yeah."

You sighed and lifted your head, finally meeting his eyes.

They were deep and genuine. The look he held was soft, but he held a firm gaze. They were a beautiful shade of brown, a shade that brought comfort. You could stare into them for hours. They were the kind of eyes that were easy to get lost in.

He smiled and slightly tilted his head.

"Well, you look like you feel better."

"Yes. I do."

He smiled wider and straightened back up.

"Soo... what do you want to do?"

You smiled as well.

"I think I have an idea."

-

"No, no, no, no. We are not going up there," Will protested as you dragged him into the tall, abandoned office building.

"It's ok Will, I just want to show you something

"Mmm... fine."

You pattered up the dirty stairwell, Will complaining and joking about the filth and distance the entire time. You just laughed along.

It was kind of funny to you how he didn't notice how far he had to travel or the grime the sticky steps left on his shoes when he came here all those years ago.

Out of breath and shaky, you reached the door. You had to put some force into pushing the door against its rusty hinges, and it screeched in painful protest.

"Here we are."

You both stepped out, letting the metal door slam shut behind you.

The sun dipped under the horizon, slowly disappearing as it painted a beautiful portrait across the sky. Pink, blue, purple, and yellow swirled together in a beautiful mix of organized chaos.

But, this wasn't what you were here for.

"The sun should set soon, and then you can see it," You looked back at him, a smile tugging at your dry lips.

He stared in awe, admiring the view. But, he wasn't staring at the sunset.

He was staring at you.

The way the light reflected off of you was mesmerizing. Your eyes seemed to glow in the lighting, even though you weren't even facing toward the sun.

"Wow..." He muttered, scanning over your face.

"Um... Will?" You chuckled nervously, your cheeks heating up.

"Ah, um," He laughed lightly as well.

He swallowed hard and looked down at the ground, "Sorry."

"It's alright."

"You just look so..." He paused to look back up at you, "amazing."

Your already warm cheeks heated up even more.

"Thanks," You smiled and turned away from him.

"This may be inappropriate placing, but..." Will trailed off.

"What?" You spun around to look at him.

"Ah, nevermind."

"No, now I'm curious."

"I'll only tell you if you tell me why I caused that dream," He joked, only realizing what he had reminded you of after he said it.

"Ah, I mean- No, I didn't mean-"

"It's ok. I'm... mostly over it."

"Awesome."

You stared into his eyes again.

"So... are you gonna tell me?"

"Right," You went silent for a moment, debating on saying it.

"I think... I think I'm in love with you."

He just stared at you, mouth slightly agape.

"I... I'm sorry if that was weird. But, you know, I just... I just thought..."

A tear rolled down your cheek. You didn't even know that there were tears in your eyes.

He pulled you into a hug.

"I love you too, Y/N. That's what I wanted to say. I love you so much. Every time I've seen you cry it hurts. When I think of everything that's happened to you I want to personally fistfight God," He laughed at his own joke, "But really, please don't cry. It's ok. It's not weird because I think I'm in love with you too."

For a moment, just a moment, everything was okay. That night, with the shining stars poking out from the setting sun, and the beautiful man standing in front of you, everything was simple. Everything was quiet. Your soft breathing and the sound of distant traffic was the only thing you could hear as you held each other.

Everything was okay.

For the first time in years, you were at peace.