•Chapter 31•

The tables were groaning under the delicious dishes, they were all seated at the Great Hall for breakfast. Soon the owls came with letters from the students' parents and of course their daily subscriptions of the Daily Prophet. Lily was just flipping through her copy when "NO!" cried a girl from the Slytherin table as tears started rolling down her cheeks. Everyone looked at her and then some of them slowly started realising what occurred.

The 'No' was painful enough for Lily to recognise why it happened. She pointed the article to James who was sitting beside with a shaking hand. "Oh no no no." She murmured as she felt her eyes starting to fill with tears. "It's horrible." She whispered to herself. James read the article as the other Marauders and the girls too read it.

The girl, Isla Atkinson's parents were murdered by Death Eaters. She already had to face so much bullying because of the fact that she was a muggle born, in Slytherin and now this. The war really was coming close.

The thing that saddened Lily even more was the fact that Isla didn't even get the information before the newspapers did, she had to get it just like the rest of the world even though she was their daughter. That's how bad the Death Eaters and their attacks were.

As the girl was being escorted out of the Hall with Dumbledore and Slughorn, a gloomy atmosphere had filled the Great Hall, even Sirius wasn't trying to cheer them up or crack jokes as he too, was lost in his thoughts.

Since it was a Hogmeade weekend they planned to meet at the entrance to village in the next 20 minutes so as to cheer up their mood.

******************

"I'm scared." Confessed Sirius as the Marauders reached their dormitory. "Why?" Asked James, suddenly worried. "Uh you know it's probably nothing nevermind, I'm going for a walk." He replied after a few seconds as he started moving out of their dorm. "Oh no mister, come back here." James said, sternly.

"No mom." He said, jokingly. "Using humour to deflect uncomfortable situations, classic Sirius." Pointed out, Remus. "Oh and your solipsistic ass, Lupin." Countered Sirius, as he rolled his eyes at the comment. Remus just ignored Sirius's taunt, "C'mon Pads, tell us, you know you can trust the three of us." He said, genuinely.

"W-what if Regulus is a part of them?" Finally gave in Sirius. "Who? The death eaters?" Asked James. Sirius nodded his head in response. "He hangs out with the kind of people who's only ambition is to be a Death Eater. He stopped talking to me, he doesn't even spare a glance for me. At least till the last year he used to acknowledge my presence, as much as it sucked for him he acted like he was my brother. And now I feel like I've lost him, even the tiny little part of him that I had." Ranted on Sirius.

"Sirius, I'll be very honest, there is a good possibility that he will in future join the group." James admitted. "But," he continued, "I definitely don't think a sixteen year old boy has already become a part of the death eaters." "I agree with James." Said Remus. "Maybe it's not too late you know? Maybe you could still stop him. You know if he even speaks to you his death eater pals won't leave him alone for a long time, he has to think about his safety too." Added Remus.

"So you are saying that I can still stop it from happening?" Said Sirius with a sudden look pf hope in his eyes. "Yes Pads, go for it!" Encouraged Peter. "I will, I will," He said, "After today." He finished. "Whatever suits you mate." Said Remus.

******************

The nine of them (Frank included) met at the entrance to Hogsmeade, they were a bit more cheery and the gloomy atmosphere from before had almost vanished. "Frank and I have a date, sorry guys." Said Alice as she held his hand and they started walking to where ever their date was supposed to be. "Oh these two." Said Mary, rolling her eyes at the couple.

"Lily and I were supposed to have a date too, but we postponed because of you all, you know you can't live without us for even a few hours." James said. "The first part, not true the second part, maybe true." Lily said, laughing. "Hey!" Said Mary and Remus together, she also received a light smack on her arm from Sirius. "Okay okay, chill." She said, smiling.

"Marlene you are being unusually quiet today." Noticed Lily. This turned the attention of the rest of the 6 towards her. "Uh really?" She said, somewhat nervously. "Come on, what's going on?" Questioned Mary. "Ihaveadate." She mumbled. "Pardon?" Said Sirius. "Ugh I finally have a proper date after almost two years and I am nervous, okay?" She finally confessed.

"Damn McKinnon, with who?" Sirius asked, smirking. "Oliver." She said. Lily and James looked at her with surprise. "You mean the Oliver who tried to steal my Lilykins!?" James said as he looked at her disapprovingly (as a joke of course) "Oh quit it, he did not do that plus he is a really great guy." She said, defensively.

"Oh Marlene, already started defending him and you haven't even had a first date." Teased Sirius. "Leave her alone you guys." Said Mary. "Marls I'm going to question why you did not tell us that before later but right now I want to know why aren't you with him?" Lily said.

"Well um our date wasn't till like 5 in the evening so I thought I'd spend rest of the time with you all." She said. "You set a date at 5 pm? When you're very well aware of the fact that it is a rule that we must reach Hogwarts back till 5:30?" Scoffed Remus. "Yeah?" Marlene said unsurely.

"Oh come on lady admit you were thinking about ditching him!" Said a irritated Sirius. "Merlin don't get your knickers in a twist Blue." Marlene commented. Sirius just huffed at that and chose not to reply. "I know you're nervous Marlene after what happened years ago but please just go!" Lily said. "Fine Evans but if something bad happens it's on you all." She said as she made her way to where Oliver had asked her to meet.

"Hey Prongs, you thinking what I'm thinking?" Said Sirius. "You bet." He replied.

————————
(A/N)
shitty chapter, i know, but I promise the next chapter will be better.

anyways thank you for reading, we're at 11k votes which is honestly absolutely astonishing but it makes me so happy so thank you, again.