Dragon Fire

Kakashi was jostled awake the next morning as Y/N suddenly bolted out of bed and went running for the bathroom.  His eyes widened as he heard her retching only moments later.  He could not stop the grin that crossed his features before he swung his legs over the side of the bed and went to assist his wife.  He gathered her hair back as he knelt beside her, holding it free from her face as she hugged the toilet.

"Oh my god..." she said once she stopped dry heaving, tears from the power of the retching on her cheeks.  "That was absolutely awful.  It's all that milk you've been forcing on me, I know it."

Kakashi laughed at the words, wiping the moisture from her cheeks.  "No, you're pregnant."

She swung her E/C eyes towards him.  "What?"

"I've known you were pregnant for weeks now," he chuckled.  "That's why I've been making you eat like I have been."

"How could you... No... that can't..."

Kakashi smiled at her, "I just knew the minute I did it."

Her mind went over the goofy looks he had started giving her a few weeks back.  That was why he had been acting that way?  He just knew she was pregnant?  Everything made sense that he had been doing with that frame of mind.  She felt her face blush slightly, remembering that night that he had woken her and made love to her.

"We need to do a test to be sure," she said as her stomach started churning again.  "Oh god... I feel awful.  I think I'm going to..."

He winced as she started dry heaving again.  She cried a little after from the painfulness of the vomiting.  "I bought some tests already."

When he was convinced she was not going to vomit any more, he went to the cabinet and pulled out the box of tests he had bought.  He knelt in front of her and grinned, "Shall we do these?"

"I still say it's the milk," she groaned.

"Brat," he chuckled before giving her the box of tests.

Y/N did all three tests then sat staring at them.  Kakashi was leaning against the wall not even looking at them, completely confident in his diagnosis.  She watched wordlessly as they began to change and leaned forward.  She gasped as each of the three tests came up positive.  She then turned to look at him and he was giving her a smug smile.

"Told you."

"Oh my god!" she gave a squeal as she came up from where she was sitting and threw her arms around him.  "I can't believe it!  We're going to be parents!"

Kakashi laughed and pulled her up off her feet.  She grabbed his face between her hands and kissed it all over.  He moved his head restlessly, "You're drooling all over my face."

"Faces are made to be drooled on," she countered while still kissing him.

He swatted her on the backside and she laughed.  "That's enough of that, brat." His eyes softened as he looked at her, "Our baby will be so beautiful, just like you."

"Hmm.  Well you're the prettier one so..."

He swatted her again, "I thought we settled this years ago.  Men are not pretty."

"Oh you are Kakashi Hatake..."  She squealed and laughed as he started tickling her, just as he had all those years ago.

***

Kakashi hated leaving Y/N alone but Naruto had summoned him.  It could only mean that Sai and Yamato had located the group.  He paced in front of the phone for a moment before taking a deep breath and picking up the receiver before dialing the number.