Pain Is A Four Letter Word

Y/N ducked and blocked as Kakashi came after her.  They had been practicing together for over two years now.  In this dream world, she did pretty good when they were together but it was very hard to do in her world.  She had to practice very hard to get just the right leverage.  It had been a challenge, too, finding things that she could practice on.  However, she was determined to learn if it killed her.  The really frustrating thing was that in the dream, she could do the Ninjutsu that Kakashi showed her but in her world, she could weave all the hand signs she wanted and nothing would happen.  It was frustrating but she loved her time with Kakashi.

Y/N gave a little scream as he swept her legs out from under her and she hit the ground with a thud.  He quickly pinned her down and smirked as he looked down at her.  She had known him so long now that she could tell just what expression he was giving under that mask just by the way it would change shape.

"I win again," he grinned.

"Argh... You're just too good, Kakashi.  I'm never going to be as good as you are."

Kakashi laughed and released his grip on her wrists to sit back.  She scowled at him because he was still sitting on her stomach.  She didn't like losing every time.  She would have loved to set him on his butt at least once.

"Guess what?"

"What?"

"I'm getting promoted to Junin!"

Y/N gasped, "Are you serious?  Congratulations!"

"We'll be going on a mission soon and I'll be a leader!" He then boasted.  "Finally I can MAKE Obito do the right thing."

"Don't you think you might be a little hard on him?  You've been complaining about Obito for years now and he doesn't sound that bad."

Kakashi scowled down at her, "He doesn't follow the rules and is always late!  He has the stupidest excuses too.  He doesn't deserve to be a Shinobi the way he acts."

"But he's your friend right?"

Kakashi looked away from her.  "Sort of.  He still gets all hot and bothered about Rin.  At least she is paying more attention now but she's still ogling me.  So annoying."

Y/N abruptly sat up and shoved him off her stomach.  He immediately dove at her as she tried to get away and the two of them started rolling down the hill when he collided with her.  They both skidded to a stop and laughed.

"Well that was fun," Y/N said as she stared up at the sky.

She sat up and Kakashi smirked before plucking pieces of grass out of her H/C hair.  "You look like a mess now."

Y/N couldn't stop herself from saying, "You sure do talk a lot about Rin.  You sure you don't like her even just a little?"

"Just for that, prepare to die!"  He said before lunging at her.

Y/N shrieked as he tickled her mercilessly to the point of tears.  "Kakashi!" She screamed while trying to get away from him.  She would get a little bit away before he would drag her back by her legs and started all over again.  "Mercy, mercy... I'm begging you..."

Kakashi laughed as he looked down at her.  She was breathing hard as she looked up at him.  He wiped the tears from her cheeks and a strange look came over his face.  "I don't like Rin at all in that way," he finally said.  "Can I try something?"

Y/N looked at him with a raised brow.  "What?"

"Just close your eyes."

"I don't know if I trust the tickle master that much."