Strange Lady

I have been reading stories posted by people and I thought of sharing a few myself. I have been a research fellow and always questioned things. This is my first sighting and still today I find it difficult to believe!

I was less than 10 years of age then and had gone to my grandparents (mother's side) house for summer vacations in Rajasthan. This was a yearly practice. My parents would later join us.

My main attraction of going there was the river and we could bath in it for hours together until my grandpa came and took us back home. One such morning I was ready and too excited to go to the river. I was accompanied by my cousin sister and her friends. There was a bridge on the river which connected my grandpa's village to another village, so we used to jump in the river from the bridge.

We were walking on the bridge and were all set to spend some time in the river but on the other side of the bridge (about 20 meters or so) we saw a lady not wearing anything from above and taking bath in the river. It was normal for us, as in village most women do not wear top clothing while taking bath and we were used to it. However, I clearly remember she had golden hair like dyed with mehendi and she suddenly started calling us to her in the native language and that voice kind of still echoes to me. We ran away but we could hear her voice very loudly to the other side of the bridge.

We told grandma about the same and she said she must be a VANTRI (witches who eat children, I don't know how). We never saw her before or again! Who could she be?