Why Such Nightmares? And What Is In My Room?

Please help me if you can... So here's my story:

Ever since I was a child I would get shocking nightmares, so frightening that I would wake up screaming, shaking and crying in horror. My parents tried to do something about this problem of mine by taking me to the church which somewhat helped but as I got older my nightmares returned (I'm 16 now). My mother remarried and I have moved into a new house with my family about 5 years ago. The thing is, my nightmares started to return when I started sleeping in this house. My best friend would come over and have nightmares as well! I tried dream catches but they didn't help. It has got to a point where my best friend is always saying to me that there is something in my room every time she comes over. I denied her statements until recently when every few days there would be a bang in my closet in the middle of the night. I checked in the morning and before I went to bed finding nothing that could have created the bang and nothing moved.

The second part to this story is that I have also been having the same nightmare for about a month now. Here is how it goes: I lay somewhere on what seems like a bed with strange and very frightening surroundings. I can never remember what it is that is around me but as I lay there it always makes my eyes water terribly. Next, I hear a sound of footsteps, as the sound gets closer and closer I begin to see a figure of a man. I want to stand up but it's then that I realize how heavy my body is, even keeping my eyes open becomes a difficult task, yet I can help but stare at the approaching man. He is very tall, dressed completely in black with a black hood over his head. His hair is long for a man handing down out if his hood. When he is right next to me he would always gently stroke my head for a moment and then say "It's all right my little sister, I will take you away from here". He then picks me up and heads off; as he carries me I can feel his breath on me although what catches my eyes this time, are his eyes. They are grey almost like silver! It's always so hard to look away but then it's not like a have a reason to. In those eyes, sweetness, pain, there is something I remember and a lurking terror, yet they look at me with so much kindness.

Finally when I wake up from my other nightmares I sometimes wake up with a jolt or tears. There it is again, for just a split moment I feel someone stroking my head, the touch feels extremely real and it is his touch.

Although this man who claims to be my brother is not frightening I would actually really like to know what he is. And my room, why is it so frightening? By the way I am 100% sure that I don't have a brother...