Chapter 30

Harry opened the front door with his house key and I walked inside. Harry grabbed my hand and pulled me into the kitchen and I thought that's where we would eat but no he pulled me out of the kitchen into the hallway in front of the kitchen.

We walked down and made a right turn. There was a door to my right and another one beside it. "After you." Harry brought me back to reality as he held open the glass white bordered door for me. I walked outside and there backyard was beautiful.

The grass was green and there was a large blanket in the middle with pillows, there was bushes around the yard that had flowers. I stepped onto the wood deck and looked around. The desk was decorated with round light bulbs and there was a grill near the stairs and in the middle was a table with a white table cloth, two chairs, a vase with a flower in the middle and a man placing food on the plates.

"Dad." Harry said. The man looked up at me and smiled. He stepped away from the table and headed over to us. His father was very tall, slim but had muscle. He was wearing plaid shirt and jeans and regular shoes.

"Sorry for my attire." That deep american accent caught me by surprise again. "You must be Jamie, I'm Mason, Harry's father." He shook my hand and I smiled, "It's nice to meet you Mr. Styles."

"Please call me Mason, Mr. Styles makes me feel old." He let go of my hand and I nodded with a smile. "Well Harry, she's very beautiful." Mason looked at Harry and then at me.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Well son I've got a plane to catch, I put the food on the plates and I will be leaving soon. I'll see you in a couple of days, don't do anything I wouldn't do and pleasure meeting you and sorry that I have to leave so quickly, maybe when you come over another time we could catch up." He said to me. "Of course, I'd love that." He nodded and kissed Harry on the top of his head and went inside of the house.

"Shall we?" Harry held out his hand. "But of course." I took it and we walked to the table. He pulled out my chair for me and I sat down and he helped push me in and next he sat down at the table.

I placed my napkin in my lap while he placed his around his neck and we said grace and began eating. It was chicken with vegetables and this sauce. It was like sweet and spicy but it was really good.

"Enjoying the food?" Harry asked and I nodded. "Jamie, was everything okay in the car if you don't mind me asking which I already did just ask but you seemed upset. Was it me? Or something else?" Harry asked.

"It wasn't you, I'm just not exactly getting along with someone at the moment but it's okay...I love your home." I smiled. "Do you?" He asked and I nodded. "It's not too big but not too small, it's perfect size." I replied.

"Yeah, my mom actually wanted this house. She saw it one day on the internet. She was looking up available houses all over the world, she loved to live somewhere new and she saw this place and fell in love with it and she went on and on about having a garden but we couldn't buy the house because my dad didn't feel like going through the whole moving process and after she passed, my father decided to then buy the house..I've told my friend this before, a new friend a I made at school that came over recently and they found it sad but is it weird that I don't? I don't find it sad, I find it nice. I'm living in my moms dream home but it seems as if everyone sees it as a sad story." He said.

"No." I shook my head.

"Well now that I got my depressing story off my chest, how have you been? How has everything been with you?" He asked.

"Good actually. Sort of. Why?" I asked.

"Because you missed a week of school." He chuckled. I laughed, "That's impossible."