Ascertain

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted -- Nevermore!" Edgar Allan Poe

Your Pov 

"hmmm... Why is it so bright?" I said slowly opening my eyes. As my eyes begin to adjust to the brightness I begin to look round the room.  I slowly began to sit up and notice a nurse walking into my room. 

"Oh so you're finally awake y/n-sama?" She said and I just stare at her. 

"I'm going to check your vitals, is that ok?" She asks before proceeding and I slowly nod. 

She then takes my pulse and check my blood pressure.  "Everything looks fine, Are you feeling any muscle ackness, fatigue, nausea,..." She says listing random symptoms. 

"Uh, just sore I guess?" I say not really sure how i'm feeling. The nurse nods and writes something down on her notepad. As she is writing, I look over and see a vase containing (your favorite flower).  "Hey, Miss..." I started 

"You can call me Kaito." She said smiling 

"Kaito-san, who brought the flowers?" I asked pointing towards the vase.  She then finished writing and looked toward the vase and smirked. 

"Oh, some young boy came in just awhile ago and brought you flowers. Unfortunately, he got called by the Hokage and had to leave." she said and I smiled. 

"Anyway, since you just woke up, we are going to keep you just a little longer, we want to make sure you can eat something. After that we will check your vitals one more time and then your free to go." She said sweetly. 

"Right, thanks" I said and she nodded and walked away. 

"hmmm, now what?" I sighed and looked over towards the flowers. I reach out and realized the my right arm was wrapped. 

"Huh?" I then unwrapped the white bandages, and that's when it all started clicking. 

flashback

"My, My, doesn't that look painful. I can help you ease the pain." He said walking over towards me but Niko stops him.

"Hmm, well, it seems i'm going to be interrupted again! I look forward to talking with you soon Y/n-sama." He said disappearing into the darkness.

I then began to feel all of my chakra disappearing and I began to fade into darkness.

"Y/n!" I heard I mumbled voice

"Y/n! St..y......w....ke" I voice said and then I blacked out. 

flashback ends 

I then look at my unbandaged and saw a snake tattoo wrapped around my right arm.  I twist and flex my right arm and sigh. 

'honestly how do I always get put into these situations!' I thought while rubbing my face. 

"though how did Orochimaru know where we were? Then, that brings up the question, was he the voice I heard in the forest?" I said quietly thinking out loud

"Yeah, that was very weird right Cap?" a voice said. I look over and saw Luma sitting on the window seal, swinging her legs back and forth. 

"ha, Luma, when did you get here?" I said slightly nervous and she just shrugged, and jumped down. 

"Well, I had to make sure my favorite person was ok, you gave us quite a scare." She said laughing. 

"Right, I'm sorry about that." I said saddened. 

'from now on I need to be careful about what I say around people and that includes both Niko and especially Luma.' I thought 

"Hey Cap, whatcha thinking, your starting to worry me." She said nervously 

"Oh, don't worry Luma, just thinking is all." I said with a closed eye smile 

"R-right" She said and walked over and saw the flowers. 

"Wow, Cap, who's the lucky person who gave you the flowers?" she said smirking 

"Huh? I don't know what your talking about." I said looking away 

"sure sure, whatever you say. Anyway, Y/n-san can I ask you something." She said getting serious. 

"Sure, what's up?" I said as I watched Luma walk towards my bed and then sat down. 

"I trust you alot Y/n-san, so what I'm about to tell you may be difficult. But, I'm doing this to protect you." she said looking towards my arm. 

"recently, I caught Niko Hyuga following me, and I got this feeling she's up to something." Luma said 

"Do you have any proof?" I said asking her the same thing that I asked Niko. 

"Of course. Niko has been sneaking of during afternoon patrol, She also, doesn't come back for night patrol, and she's constantly 10 minutes late." She said 

"Especially, after what happened a day ago, don't you think it was suspicious that she somehow didn't see anyone around? She could have been lying." Luma paused and looked directly at me. 

I then just looked down at the bed trying not to show any emotion. 

"Anyway, Cap, I wouldn't worry too much, you can leave it up to me." She said winking at me and then went towards the window. 

"leave what up to you?" I said slightly concerned. She just looked over at me and smirked and left. 

'Now, both of their stories, somehow relate to each other but, who is the real culprit?' I thought