EPILOGUE #1

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Okay, so here's the deal. I wrote two epilogues because I'm 90% sure my friend would have killed me if I'd left it at my original ending, and also because I couldn't decide which one was better. Both of them are posted, and feel free to decide which one you want to think of as the real ending! 

Annie's red hair blew in the wind as she held her newborn son. She stood at the back of the crowd, watching the proceedings as Commander Paylor was announced as the President of Panem.

The people began to cheer as Paylor accepted the title, but grew quiet when she began to speak.

"First of all, I'd like to say that I am honored to hold this position. I will do my very best to rebuild our country better than it was, with equal rights for every citizen. But before I begin this task, I'd like to thank all of you for supporting our cause. Let us take a moment to honor those who have fallen during our fight for justice."

Annie's eyes welled up with tears when she saw her husband's face projected onto the screen with all of the other soldiers. His face joined hundreds of others, and as the sad music began to play, Annie felt a tear streak down her cheek. Annie only knew a few of them- Finnick, Mags, but one person stands out.

In surprise, Annie looked closer at the image of a girl around her own age. Her dark hair curls around her face, and underneath her headshot was a small line of words that said: "Adira Ravenclaw, District Four." Annie remembered her as the girl who won the Games a few years ago, when Finnick's brother died. She vaguely recalled that Adira and Finnick were together before Annie had met him, and she wondered what had happened to Adira. Annie had heard that Adira had been killed by a rebel, but it seems that that wasn't true. For a moment, she imagined what Adira's story was, but her attention was diverted when the next face came onto the screen to replace Adira's.

After a few hours, many faces, and another inspiring speech, Annie walked out of the area with Katniss' arm around her, heading back home.