Chapter 6: "ill keep it a secret"

The first couple weeks without Nathan was fine, except during songs like I Found You where Nathan has a solo. The boys always got one of the members to do his solo but they all knew the truth, it's not the same without him. Jay had been missing him like crazy but Nath isn't able to see anyone except immediate family for a while.

Everyday, the boys had been getting tweets saying Nathan should leave the band once he's finished his voice rest, or that they should just continue as a 4 and not let Nath back in.

Jay has had the urge to message those people back and argue back but he knew that wouldn't make any difference.

"Hey boys, do you know when we are going back to England yet?"
Jay asked, out of boredom

"i think we are going back soon since the Summertime Ball is near", Siva responded

Ah, yes the Capital FM's Summertime Ball, where loads of artists play at for over 80,000 at Wembley Stadium.

"aren't we opening it up this year?" Max asked the group.

"i think so.. maybe we should just cancel this year, and let someone else open it up", Jay mumbled.

"CANCEL? THE SUMMERTIME BALL?
"not a chance", Tom shouted from across the room. "this is where we get the most fans and you want to CANCEL?!"

"i just don't see the point if Nath isn't gonna be with us", Jay said, quietly, afraid of Tom's shouting.

"for god's sake, Jay. Nathan this, Nathan That, what are you, obsessed with him or something??" Tom joked.

Except, Jay didn't take it as a joke. He'd been nonstop talking about Nathan that he didn't realise how much he had been talking about him. Yes, it has been a few weeks but he missed his buddy that wouldn't mind watching Avatar with him as long as Jay made him a tea.
He desperately wanted his Lil' Nath back.

••• a week later

Jay's POV:

"Jay.. Jay! WAKE UP"
I startle awake to see Nano standing in my room. "Sorry to startle you but we are allowed to visit Nath"

I jump up on my feet as soon as i hear Nathan's name. I rush around my room to find some clothes. I need to look.. presentable.. or at least something for Nath.

"well you look nice!" Siva says as he walks into my room. I nod and continue to brush my curls and look in the mirror.
"Why are you so dressed up? We are only... wait.. are you getting yourself all dressed up... for Nathan?!"
I blushed and just tried to laugh it off.
"don't worry bird, i hear the way you talk about him, i'll keep it a secret between me and you.."
Siva says as he shuts my door.

Keep what a secret?? what does he think is going on between me and Nath?
Seev can keep secrets so i don't have to worry about whatever he's thinking about but there isn't anything going on between us.
I hope he doesn't say anything to Nath because who knows what he's thinking.

I finish brushing my hair, just the way Nath likes it, with my curls just next to my eyes. I look up and down. Perfect, this is the way Nath likes me to be, all dressed up.

I'm only dressing for Nath because he is sick, there's no other reason that i wanna know his opinion on me, right? Course not. i'm just being a friend.