Chapter 12: Ariana Grande

Nathan's POV:

Me and Jay haven't spoken since he kissed me. I mean it was all going fine until Kelsey came in, i have no clue if she's told Tom or anything. She probably is laughing to him about how pathetic i am. That kiss was a one off thing, never again.

It was amazing, even if it was only a few seconds, it just felt right.. but we can't.
We just.. just.. got caught up in the moment.. that's all it was. Jay was just trying to cheer me up.

That's all it was, Nathan, stop getting your hopes up.

It's been a couple days since then, and as much as Jay tried to talk to me. I just ignored him.
It was especially hard since we had to share a room together. I learnt how to ignore him when i first realised how i felt about Jay, so now it's pretty simple.

•••

I was watching something random on tv when my phone rang, startling me.
"Nathan? Could you please make your way to my office please? We have something to tell you" Says a familiar voice on the other end.
He hung up the phone and that's when Tom entered the room, with a plate of beans on toast.

" 'ey mate, who was that?"

"Scooter. He wants me to come to his office to tell me something"

"oh god, good luck with that" he says, placing his plate on the table, and pulling out a chair.
"do you want one of us to come with you? Jay? since you were fucking each other the other day"

"for the last time, we didn't do anything. Me and Nath just talked it out and that was all", Jay calls from the kitchen. Possibly making himself some breakfast.

I roll my eyes and make sure i have everything, and by everything i mean my phone. I call out a small 'goodbye' to everyone and close the door behind me.

•••

I enter Scooter's office and i sit down, waiting for him and whoever is going to be joining us.
I open up my phone and to my surprise, the boys have messaged me

from: Jay
you okay mate? You've barely talked to me since... you know what..

from: Tom
whats wrong mate? you're acting just like you did at the Summertime Ball. why can't you be positive

from: Siva
sorry i couldnt come with you mate, im with Nareesha

I turn my phone off again, i couldn't deal with messaging them back, if i'm honest.

Right as that moment, our boss and manager, Mr Scooter Braun comes in and sits opposite me.

"So, Nathan, I've heard from your bandmates that you have been feeling negative recently? I have just the person for you" he says, as there is a knock at the door, "come in please"

The door opens wide to reveal a woman, around the same age as me, her hair a shade of light brown, she gives me a little smile as she places herself down in the seat next to Scooter.

"Nathan, this is Ariana Grande, she's an actress and working on her debut album, Yours Truly.
You will be collaborating with her on a song" he says, giving us an evil smile.

I stand up and give Miss Grande a handshake, it would be nice to release a song that isn't with the boys.

Scooter opens the door for us to leave.
"oh and you two will be dating by the time your song is released" he laughs in a slight evil away again.

Ariana's mysteriously brown eyes widened and she stopped in her tracks. "DATING?! we've only just met?"

"theres nothing massive happening in the music industry at the moment. You two dating will get so much publicity. More publicity, more money"

Before we could say another word, Scooter closed his door on us. So here we were, in the hallway of his office, just been told that we have to start dating sometime soon. Whether we liked it or not. Oh, the joys of being famous...