Chapter 14: 'we didnt think much of it'

Nathan's POV:

I woke up, grabbed the notebook from under my pillow and left the house again to meet up with Ariana for the 4th day in a row, i haven't spoken to Jay since whatever happened last night. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I arrived at Ariana's place and knocked on the door. After a couple seconds of waiting, she was there smiling, indicating that i should come in, I sat down and put the notebook by my side and that's when i got a call from Scooter himself. I answered, obviously, and put him on loud so Ari could hear him as well.

"Nathan? Ariana? I told you that you two need to date! You aren't raising any suspicions yet. You need to show everyone that you are dating so we have more publicity".

He ends the call as me and my supposedly 'girlfriend' look at each other. Great.

At least pretending to date Ariana would take my mind off Jay.. as long as he doesn't find out, of course.

As me and her make our way to the studio, a bunch of paparazzi's catch us. Taking a bunch of photos of us and asking if we are dating, we remained silent as the flashes just kept coming and coming.

We finally arrived and shut the door behind us so no one would follow us.
I walked over to Ariana and passed her back the notebook, she took it and flipped through, noticing the highlighted parts that we mutually agreed on using. Finally, we were getting somewhere on this song.

•••

It started to get a bit late, about 5pm, and me and Ariana were adding some final touches to the lyrics that i had previously chosen.

"Do you mind if i go home early? I haven't spent much time with the boys lately, and i feel like i'm distancing myself from them" I say, nervously.

Ariana nods and i make my way to the door. Happy to spend time with the boys soon.

"Wait.. Nathan" Ari runs up to me before i leave.
She grabs my hand, pulls me against her and puts her lips against mine. I keep myself from going into shock again, like i was with Jay.
I tried to enjoy the kiss but i just... couldn't.
I don't feel the same fireworks in my stomach as i did with with Jay.

Why doesn't this feel right?
Just imagine this is Jay, Nathan.
Oh, how i wish i was with him right now
Why do i keep thinking about him?

Finally, me and Ariana break apart. She looks at me, confused.
And that's when we hear a click noise from outside the studio, we didn't think much of it. Until we saw a flash reflecting off the window.

Oh God. Why didn't I see this window the entire time?!

There's only one thing that could've made a flash like that. A camera.

I burst open the door to see the camera had vanished.

•••

I get home to see the boys watching TV, surprised that i'm home early.

I glance over to the clock. 5:58pm. 2 minutes until the news channel will be on.

"Hey boys, since i'm home early, why don't we spend time together for a bit?" I say, to hopefully distract them.

Unfortunately, they all were all still watching TV.

The clock hit 5:59 and the boys still hadn't moved from their spot. All except Jay, he got up and put his arm around me, I look at him and smile. So glad to be in his company. I was staring at him for too long that i completely forgot why i rushed home.

"Latest news has just come in!
The Wanted's, Nathan Sykes has just been seen kissing popular TV actress, Ariana Grande, Fans have said that they seen Sykes and Grande kissing just outside their shared studio, A new celebrity romance? Only time will tell"
The hourly news had finally come on.

The sound of the tv went off as Tom pressed the mute button, i looked over to him who was already looking at me. Shocked expression on his face. "Our Nathan has a girlfriend!" He says running over to me and putting me in a chokehold, in a friendly way.

Jay took his arm from around me and walked out the front door. Not saying a word. I wanted to run after him and tell him how it's all a misunderstanding but the boys had already crowded around me. Congratulating me for having a 'girlfriend' but all i cared about was Jay. All i wanted was Jay. I didn't want any of this to happen.

"Nathan! Nathan!" the boys chanted, as Max picked me up from the ground. Why did this have to happen to me.