Chapter 13: "i thought you were in love with me"

Nathan's POV:

"So... you're an actress?" I try to bring up conversation.

"uh.. yeah" Ariana smiled.

We've been working on our new song together for a couple days, but no good luck. I'm used to party songs with the boys, yet Ariana's vocals are more softer and relaxed, and i guess that's what we are trying to go for?
I can play piano, I have since i was in grade 3, but i'm too used to making up-to-beat music.

"this is never going to work" i bury my face in my hands.

"I've been writing some lyrics these past few days, maybe take them home and read them and see what you think?" Ari says, giving me a colourful notebook.

•••

I open the front door to see the boys having dinner, it smelt so nice but i couldn't quite tell what it was. I headed to the kitchen and grabbed an apple and made my way to the shared bedroom between me and Jay.

I sat down on my side of the bed and flicked open the notebook that Ariana had previously given me, pages of pages of song lyric ideas. I grabbed a random highlighter i had in my pocket and highlighted the lyrics that i liked the most. Mainly, i chose love ones since that's what Scooter wants. I don't wanna argue with the man in charge or i'd be out of a job.

After about 30 minutes of choosing random love lyrics, the bedroom door was pushed open. I looked up to see the tall, curly haired guy that i shared a room with.

"Nathan, we need to talk" he said, sitting down, opposite me.
I roll my eyes as i always do when he talks to me.

"Nathan.. where have you been going these past few days?! The boys have been asking me and i don't even know because you keep ignoring me" he added.

"working on a solo song" i say, shrugging my shoulders. I couldn't bring myself tell him about Ariana, if he knew that we had been told to date, he would be heartbroken. I don't wanna hurt him or see him upset.

"a solo song?! You're going solo?!
i thought you cared about this band. and you're just leaving us?! You said you were staying here for good!!"
Great. He's overreacting again.

He finally got into the bed properly and faced away from me, and finally spoke, "i thought you were in love with me... because.. because of the kiss.." the pain in his voice really hurt me. I put the notebook under my pillow and lay down. Facing away from him. I felt so guilty, and it's not even my fault.

Am I in love with him?
I dont even know what to do at this point.