Chapter 9: "Jay McGuiness. This Is For You"

Nathan's POV:

Today's the day. The day that could make or break my career. It's the day of the Summertime Ball 2013.

The other boys had already left over an hour ago since they were opening up the place, and i was stuck in the hotel bored out of my mind.

All i could think about was Jay, and how we left on an argument. I really didn't mean to, but i've lost any chance of him liking me back now. I'm honestly so stupid.

"Nath? We're going, come on"
Nano called, from outside my room.
So i quickly put on my leather jacket and red shoes. Yeah i look alright.

I took my place in the car and we started moving. "Where are we going?", i asked, confused, and didn't know why Nano didn't mention anything before.

"the summertime ball, of course.
the doctors said you are able to sing again, just don't push it, Nathan, i know what you're like"
Nano said, in a really serious tone.

IM going to the Summertime Ball?!
I thought it was way too early for me to come back? At least this means i could make it up to Jay after leaving in a bad mood

We stopped outside Wembley Stadium and security hid me so no paparazzi saw me or anything.

We get in the building and under the stage, finding our camera crew for the show.
As we walked under the stage i could hear the tune to I Found You start and Jay singing my starting part. He sings it way better then me. Oh god i love his voice.

I get passed a microphone and this was it.

i step onto the trap floor with mic in hand and smile at the camera, this is my big moment. i go up to the stadium and the crowd is going crazy. I look around at the thousands of people around me. I take a deep breath and start singing my solo.. Jay McGuiness, this is for you.

Jay's POV:

That performance was.. incredible..
I didn't know Nath was capable of such amazing singing. Everyone was so happy to see him, except he seemed off? He looked so sad and worried. I really hope he's okay.

I met this boy when he was 15 and he just sang his heart out to thousands of people. I'm so proud of him. I want to apologize about what happened between us, but what if he leaves the band?

As Nathan finishes his solo, he runs back to me and the boys and for a split second we make eye contact, so as the other boys start singing, me and Tom ran over and hugged him to show how much we missed him. I wanted it to be just me and him but i guess this will do. I wanted to tell him how proud i was of him, and how i'm so sorry for the way i acted.

I gave him the biggest hug that i could, but it had to be cut short due to us being on stage with thousands of people watching.

"mate.. i'm sorry" i whispered, as Nathan walked away. He didn't turn around or anything. Maybe he hasn't forgiven me..

•••
Nathan's POV:

Jay apologised but i couldn't bring myself to face him. Knowing myself, if i did, i'd end up crying and we don't want that, do we?

We performed a few other songs, and our new single Walks Like Rihanna, and that's when i saw Jay flirting with one of the models we had on stage.. and i actually thought he liked me. My heart, shattered, in front of all these people.
How could he do this to me???