Chapter 11: just friends

Kelsey's POV:

I opened my phone again to check the time. It had been about 20 minutes until I told Jay to see what's up with Nathan, by the silence of it, i think my plan worked. They need each other and it's obvious they like each other, I don't know how the other boys haven't caught on, well, Tom's a bit dumb, we all know that.

"Kels, babe, as much as I love that picture of us, stop turning your phone on. I'm trying to watch TV"
sometimes i wonder why i started dating this boy. I do love him though.

"i'm gonna check on the boys" I say, getting to my feet.
"i guess i'll come wit' you" my boyfriend said.

"no it's fine i'll go alone, just incase Nath is still in a bad mood" I quickly respond, if something had happened back in their room, Tom's the last person who should know.

Tom shrugs and lays back down again, eyes glued to the tv screen.

I make my way to their room and open the door slightly, and that's when I saw them, kissing. My plan worked.

After about 5 seconds of watching them, i decide to finally get their attention

"ahem."

"Kels!" Jay gentle pushes Nath away from him and turns to me, his hand scratching the back of his neck, obviously being his awkward self.

"so, what's going on here?" i say, sitting on their bed watching them keep looking at each other from time to time.

"..n..nothing" Nathan stutters, like a scared little boy, looking like he could cry again.

I go up to him and put my arms around him, "it's okay, Nath, i support you" i whisper in his ear,
"support me? there.. there's nothing going on...please Kelsey"

I finish hugging Nath and i look at Jay and that's when he finally spoke up about what happened,
"it's my fault, not Nath's, don't worry about it"

I nod, and make my way to the bedroom door
"i think you should come back into the front room soon, the boys have been wondering where you have gone, we are watching a movie and Nareesha is making dinner"

"Kelsey. Please don't tell Tom what you saw today. We all know what he's like..."
Jay calls over from across the room,
I nod again, smile and join the boys back in the living room, Tom's arm around me again it had been previously.

•••

Jay's POV:

Kelsey was right, we need to go back before the boys get suspicious of our whereabouts.

I ruffle my hair in the mirror and look at Nathan, "how do i look Nathy?"

He smiles but i could see something is wrong once again, Was it because Kelsey came in? Most likely, he isn't that close to her and doesn't know her like i do. She wouldn't never break a promise.

Nathan leaves first and then I do, because we don't want the boys to ask much, because what would we even say to them.

As i close the door behind us, we notice 2 spaces either side of Max so we both sit down, Nath on his left, me on his right.

"what were you two both doing in there for so long? Fucking each other?" Max sarcastically asked, nudging us both, unknowingly that something did happen between us, "oh yeah totally of course", I laugh it off, I notice Nathan who was clearly uncomfortable. I feel so bad for him, the others treat him terrible sometimes.

my phone startled me as i get a text. I look at the contact name. Kelsey Hardwick, from across the room.

from: Kels❤️x —

Did you and Nathan actually👀

I see her laughing across the room, i roll my eyes at her, slightly laughing as well.

to: Kels❤️x —

Of course not, we just kissed that's all. I swear X

I look over to her again, she's still laughing. I put my phone down and continue watching whatever movie the boys had on. I couldn't lie to Kels, as much as i wanted more. It was just a kiss.