Chapter Fifteen

Recap: Divya's POV - "What's the meaning of that? How do you know what I thought in my head?" I asked Karthik in a doubting voice.

Divya's Point of View

"No, Nothing Divya, you are right, how Can I know, what you are thinking, right?"

"You are asking the same question, Karthik." If I ask him a question, he is asking the same to me." He replied to me saying how he saw Amrita in pain and on the floor. So he was helping her, by carrying her.

He could have asked me, he did not have to stammer, I would have at least helped him. Since Amrita got hurt, I asked Karthik to call the doctor to see if something is serious.

Amrita's Point of View

My leg hurt so bad, after the fall. That was when I saw Karthik come into the room.

"Amrita, what are you doing here?" he asked me.

"I went to get the water bottle and I slipped and fell," I said in a crying voice. What, can I do other than cry, it hurt so bad.

"Yaar une intha velai panna sonnanga?" He asked me, in an angry voice.

Karthik is supposed to comfort me. And he was yelling at me because I went to get the water bottle. I mean really if a person fell down and got hurt, most of the time people would laugh, but this guy is yelling at me.

He really does not have any common sense. At least if he had laughed, I would have been happy, but no, he yelled at me instead.

"Enna paakura, Yeh kal Valikkith." I said to him looking at my feet. My leg looks like it got swollen.

"Does it hurt really bad?" He asked me.

"No, it doesn't, that's why I am sitting here," I said in a sarcastic tone. He thinks that I am crying for no reason. My leg hurts even more, because I already have a fracture.

"Okay, wait I'll carry you to the bed." He told me.

"What, you, will carry me?" I asked him, shocked. How can a man carry me? And I barely know him.

"Yes Amrita, I will go and carry you, here to the bed" he said, looking at me.

"You, can't carry me, I mean I'm a girl. Boys don't carry girls." I said.

"It's okay Amrita, there is no wrong in that." he told me, trying to explain. But I didn't listen to him. I started to give a speech, about how it is bad to carry someone. If someone is in pain, he should call for help. How can he possibly carry me.

Just then his face looked like a light bulb. What is this guy going to do?

He came down next to me, He smelled my perfume. He reached nearer to me. He looked straight into my eyes. His eyes connected me towards him. Why am I feeling this way? Am I in love?

No, way, how can I be in love, this is just a feeling all girls get. I mean I have only known him, for about 3-4 weeks. So soon I can't fall in love.

"Karthik, enna pandre" I asked confused.

"I am carrying you to the himalayas."

"What" I asked.

"Don't believe everything people tell you, or else you will only get cheated and come back with empty hands." He told me. I don't believe in everything people tell me.

As he was about to carry me. I heard a voice. I looked up to see who it was. It was Divvya. Thank god she is here otherwise, he could have carried me to the bed. He is a police officer, so he will keep his word.