Chapter Twenty

Recap: Karthik's POV

"Karthik, Did you find who tried to shoot Divya and Me?" Amrita questioned. 

"No, not yet, but I found something much bigger than that."

There is some connection between Reddy and Vikram Kumar. I just don't know that. Sameera Akka never told us that Reddy has something to do with Vikram Kumar. What can their relationship be?

Let me first take Amrita to her checkup as we had discussed. Otherwise she might get upset, because she is already in shock that her friend got Kidnapped.

I told her that next we are going to the hospital for her check up. I drove the car to the hospital.

I went to the main desk and the receptionist smiled and greeted me with a hello. I asked her about the appointment for Amrita.

"Wait a minute sir, I will look it up in the system" she told me.

"Take your time," I told her.

"Yes sir, the appointment is at 11:30 today morning. It's only 11:00 right now, you can wait and sit or you can go somewhere and come back at 11:30."

"No, we'll wait," I told her.

"Karthik" I heard a voice from behind me. I saw that Amrita is talking to me. I went towards her.

"What you're talking about to that girl for so long?" she asked me in anger.

We are not yet married, now only she is getting so possessive about me.

"Hey, what are you smiling?, reply na" she told.

"No nothing, she told me that we still have 30 minutes for the appointment, so she said you can wait or go somewhere else and come back at 11:30."

We waited for a while, I saw the time, it was 11:28.

The receptionist said, "Sir, you can go now, the doctor is waiting for you."

"What is the room number, I asked her."

"The room number is #243 C. The room is on the 2nd floor sir, if you take the elevator you can reach faster because you have a patient who is on a wheelchair." She said.

I smiled and I scrolled Amrita towards the elevator.

"What was the room number again?" I asked Amrita.

"Don't you remember? After all you're a genius, plus you're the only police in the entire world who is so intelligent. Did you forget already?" Amrita teased me.

Are all girls like this? I am already in a tension that Divya got kidnapped and Vijay is not calling me and it's been more than 30 minutes since he last talked to me.

On another hand I got to know that someone is having information about Vikram Kumar, an evil businessman who died a few years ago. Only people who investigated his case know about him and a food seller in the street knows about him.

All these things are going in my head now and she is teasing me about how I forgot the room number already. I mean how much only will a man take at a time. She is like this before marriage only, I can't wait to know how she will be after marriage.

Actually how do men control their wife only I don't know. They are all so strong that they are able to control their wives. I should ask Ashwin, since he is already married, maybe I should ask for tips.

I got inside the elevator and I pressed the button that goes to the 2nd floor.

"The room number is 243 C" Amrita said.

To tell one room number she is doing so much drama. Only her leg is saving her otherwise I don't what I only will do.

When we got to the 2nd floor, I asked Amrita to lead me to the room, since she always comes here for the appointment.

"Karthik, Divya changed my doctor after what happened the other day. Now I have a new doctor so I don't know where the room number is" Amrita told me.

"Okay" I told her.

"At least, I hope that I don't get a doctor like Doctor Thirumurguan and get a lady doctor. Girls are much nicer, she said."

What is that supposed to mean, does that mean that all men in the entire world are rude. Look at me, I'm such a gentleman.

What is Doctor Thirumurugan's room number? He works at the same hospital so maybe by knowing his room number we can find out Room number 243 C.

Doctor Thirumurugan's room is number 212 C. I think that room is on my left so maybe, if my guess is correct, room number 243 C is on my right." Amrita told me.

I went down the hall and took a right, I saw the room number. I strolled Amrita to the room, I knocked on the door.

"Come in" I heard a voice. So I scrolled Amrita inside the room. I saw that the doctor was a lady, Amrita must be pleased that she had a lady doctor.

The first thing that the doctor asked us was Amrita's reports. Then was when I realized that I had left her reports in the car only.

"Doctor, two minutes I'll go get it"

"What is this Mr. Karthik, you can't even remember to get the patient's reports?" she told me in a loud voice.

"Sorry, I'll go get it." I told her and I quickly walked out of the room. To save time I ran down the stairs because that would be faster than getting inside the elevator.

I took the reports from the car and I quickly went up the stairs to the room. When I entered the room, I saw that the doctor had already started to check Amrita. Amrita was sitting on the bed.

"Doctor, here are the reports" I told her and kept the files on the desk. She looked at the reports and then she examined Amrita's leg.

"Your scar is slowly going away. Also Amrita, try walking. It can hurt in the beginning, but only if you try, you can start walking again. Amrita nodded her head.

You can also help her sir" she said looking at me.

"Pardon?" I asked her, because I didn't know what she meant by helping Amrita.

"I said that you can help Amrita to start walking again. For example, You can hold her hand for support when she is trying to walk" she said.

The doctor told Amrita to practice walking on the walking bar.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

I helped Amrita get on the wheelchair after the appointment and I gave the reports in her hand. I scrolled her out of the room. We took the elevator again and went to the ground floor of the hospital.

"Ding, Ding, Ding" I heard a noise. I checked to see if it was my phone, but it was not my phone.

"Amrita, I think your phone is ringing" I told her.

She picked up the phone and kept it near her ear. I don't know what she heard but a few seconds later, she dropped the phone. Her eyes became red and started to tear up.

"Amrita, Amrita" I called and shook her. But she didn't move and only tears came from her eyes. What happened? 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys, 

I am very sorry for the late update... Please Forgive me :( 

I hope you like this chapter____Sorry that this chapter is a little short than normal, next time it will be longer. 

See you in the next Chapter :)  

Thank You