Chapter 24

*Hello Guys,

Very sorry for the late update. I was caught up with school and other things. I will make sure to update very regularly from now on. I hope you will understand and still continue to show your support. Thank you to everyone, who has been. Thank You! 

If you don't understand what's happing in the story, re-read last few chapters.

                                                                                                                       ~Anitha

Recap: Amrita's POV - I shook my head to reassure him, but Karthik didn't look convinced. He drove to the hospital which I guessed was the one where Divya and Vijay were admitted. Based on his expression, he probably didn't know about them yet. Which was good. For now.

Author's Note

Karthik and Amrita wait outside for the doctor to come outside the ICU room. They both now know that Vijay and Divya are in the hospital now. Vijay's POV is about when he and Divya escape from the goons, and how they actually ended up in the hospital.

Vijay's POV

I groaned and tried to wake up. I coughed and clutched my head, I pulled my hand back to see blood. Great! Another injury! I looked around and saw that the surroundings were different. It seemed like I was on the edge of a cliff, but about 50 feet below the cliff that I fell from. Everything was blurry and the entire world spinned. I heard some footsteps. It must be the gang who kidnapped Divya. I lied back down, acting as if unconscious. Few minutes later I heard unfamiliar voices.

"Dai! He is here! Come fast!" Somebody pulled my legs and dragged me. I felt rope around my body and within minutes I was pulled up. I dared to open my eyes, and saw that I was being lifted up from the ground and onto the cliff where I first fell from. Were they saving me or bringing me to their boss? What on Earth is going on?

Soon I landed on the edge of the cliff and somebody carried me into the godown. I tried to connect the faces of the people present to the criminal police records. But, I couldn't remember them being in any. The person set me in a chair, and believing I was unconscious, didn't tie me too tightly. I closed my eyes and waited until I could hear the footsteps departing.

My head was spinning and my thoughts were clouded. Though I didn't want to, my brain started to shut down, and before I knew it I slipped into unconsciousness.

________________________________________

I woke up gasping, I felt much better and stronger now. I looked around at my surroundings. It was mostly dark and the only exit was the way you entered. The door for the entrance was now wide open, light shining through the godown. Where did they take Divya? She must be here somewhere. I squinted through the darkness to see a figure sitting in a chair about 5 to 6 feet away. It must be Divya! I was about to pull on the robe around me but I heard footsteps. I closed my eyes and acted to stay unconscious. The guys stopped near me as they discussed.

"Dai, enakku pasi edukkudhu da." (I'm hungry."

"So what? We can't leave them like this. If Boss gets to know what will happen?"

"Dai Arun, we're 5 people, 2 people can stay here, the rest of us can go get food."

"No, da, I think one person is enough. The girl was injected and that police officer fell from a cliff. I don't think he will get up for another 3 or 4 hours."

"Seri, vaanga da pola." (Come guys, we'll leave).

"Dai, chumma vetti ah irrikadhe. Watch them carefully, okay?" (Simply, don't be fooling around.)

"Seringa na" (Okay Anna.)

I heard departing footsteps and the sound of a car driving away. I peeked open one of my eyes and looked around cautiously. There was one guy he was standing outside leaning against another car talking to someone. I loosened the rope around me as quietly as I could. I rushed toward the figure to find Divya, her eyes were closed. I checked her pulse, it was slow probably because those idiots drugged her by injecting god knows what! I quickly untied her, and peeled the tape off her mouth and hands. Let me only get Divya treated then it's there for all of them. Now the most important part is getting Divya out of here safe and sound. How dare they touch her! Not only that but drugged her also! Rascals!

I carefully took Divya in my arms, bridal style from the chair. If only Divya got to know about this later, she would kill me. I chuckled softly to myself thinking about what she would do. To my dismay the guy turned back to see me holding Divya in my arms.

"Ayy!" He shouted and cut the call immediately and ran towards me. I inhaled loudly and gently placed Divya on some sack bags nearby. I turned towards the guy, he was merely a feet or two away. The guy charged towards me, I curled my hand into a fist and aimed for his jaw. I kicked strongly into his stomach and punched his cheek. His head flew backwards and he landed on his back with a loud groan of pain. He clutched his stomach and lay unconsciously after a few seconds.

I carefully picked up Divya in my arms to the jeep. It was evening and the sun was setting now. I opened the door and set her on the seat. I took a water bottle and sprinkled some water on her. I hoped she was not overdosed otherwise it would take some time before she wakes up.

"Divya?" I shook her gently. She opened her eyes slowly. Divya winced as I helped her sit up more straight.

"Vijay?" Her weak voice was filled with happiness and joy. Her eyes teared up and tears spilled over her cheeks.

"Here, drink some water first." I said and held up the water bottle to her mouth. She gulped some down. After I put the bottle back, she started to talk.

"Vijay! I thought I'll never see you again." She threw her arms around me, I hugged her back tightly. Divya pressed her face against my chest, I heard her sniffling.

"Shhh, I'm here." I answered as I rocked her in my arms. I pulled back gently after a few seconds. I brushed her tears away with my hand.

"Divya, let's go alright? We want to leave before they come." I whispered. She stared at me for a few seconds.

"Unless you want to see me fight, that is. I guess we can wait until they come." I said, breaking the silence, in an effort to make her smile. Divya laughed softly at my statement.

"Well, too bad we will have to save that for next time I need rescuing. Right now I want to go home."

"Mmm. Ok." I smiled at her and stroked her hair gently. I helped her with the seatbelt and closed the door. I went to my side of the jeep and started the engine. I drove out of the cliff area and onto the road. 

~ Thank You again to everyone who supports my book. I'm sorry for the very late update. Feel free to add comments and tell me what you think will happen next.