Chapter Twenty One

Recap: Karthik's POV -

"Amrita, Amrita" I called and shook her. But she didn't move and only tears came from her eyes. What happened?

"Kar-karthik."

Her voice broke while she was saying it. And only tears came from her eyes. I picked up the phone. It was a nurse that spoke, she said to come to IHC hospital (International Hospital of Chennai). Before I can say a word, the phone call cut. 

I don't know what the nurse said to Amrita because in the middle of the call Amrita dropped the phone. I didn;t want to ask Amrita anything because she looked like she was in a state of shock.

I myself was very unsure and a bit scared on the inside but I didn't show it to Amrita. I wonder why she is like this. I have never seen her so scared and teared up. I drove to the hospital that the nurse said. By the time we got there Amrita looked much better, but she still didn't say anything to me.

I helped her get out of the car and I quickly rushed inside the hospital. I went to the front desk and asked the lady there about the phone call and I gave her the number. She called a few people and they were discussing something for a few minutes. 

Then the lady checked something on the computer. She told me that there were two people admitted in the hospital an hour ago.

I was really worried who that was, could that have been Vijay and Divya? Did something happen to them? My heart was beating so fast and I couldn't think for a second. The lady gave me directions to the rooms that they both were in.

I went to the place, it was an ICU room. A few nurses came out of the room. I tried to check who were the people that got admitted. I just hoped that it wasn't Divya nor Vijay. Amrita came to the place. I saw that she had gotten help from a nurse that works in the hospital.

Another few nurses came out of the room. One of them went to get a few materials and one nurse came up to me and asked me if I was related to the people inside. I didn't know who was inside. I just said yes because my mind kept telling me that it might be Vijay and Divya.

The nurse told me that one of them was unconscious and would regain consciousness in an hour or two. She told me that two people at a time can visit the patient. Since one of the people was okay, I worried about the other one.

I asked her about the other person who got admitted. She said that the other person was a bit serious. When she said that Amrita's face turned light red and she looked like she was going to start crying again.

Did she know who the patients were? How do I get to know who they are? And why might Amrita get so serious for this?

I asked the nurse how much to pay for the patients. She said about 2 lakhs rupees. Was the condition of the patients so bad that it cost so much for their treatments? I went over to the counter and paid the money.

I went back to the rooms and saw Amrita trying to look through the circles on the ICU doors from her wheelchair.

"Amrita?"

"Hmm?" She turned around, her face was pale and her eyes were red and puffy from crying.

"Go eat something, you didn't even drink water after you received the phone call."

"I'm not hungry." She replied, even though I knew that she was.

"Come on, at least have a cup of coffee." Before she could protest, I wheeled her into the canteen section and bought a cup of coffee and gave it to her. Amrita hesitated a second before reaching out to take the steaming cup in my hand.

"Thank you." I smiled back at her.

"I'll be in the ICU rooms, meanwhile, you finish your coffee. Ok?" She nodded and sipped her coffee. I walked back to the rooms, just then a nurse came out.

"Sister!" I called out.

"Yes sir?"

"Who is in the ICU room? Which two people are admitted?"

"Sir....that is..." The nurse trailed off.

"Sister, who are they?"

"Sir, it's the Assistant Commissioner of Chennai. The other patient's name I think is Divya. I'm sorry sir, I have to go now." I barely noticed the nurse leaving the room. The words kept ringing in my ears, Assistant Commissioner and Divya. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late update, got busy with things....Please forgive me :(

Did you guys like the ending? Was it a surprise, or did u already know it was Vijay n Divya? Please comment below! 

I will try to made it longer next chapter. Hope you loved this chapter....

Thank You for Reading,

- Anitha