Chapter Twenty Five

Chapter Twenty Five

Recap: Vijay's POV - "Mmm. Ok." I smiled at her and stroked her hair gently. I helped her with the seatbelt and closed the door. I went to my side of the jeep and started the engine. I drove out of the cliff area and onto the road.

Divya's POV

"Vijay, how did you find me?" I asked quietly. I turned towards him to see him already looking my way.

"When they kidnapped you I kept note of the car's number plate. I asked the police to track the car, and the location was the godown."

"Oh. Do Karthik and Ammu know?"

"I told Karthik, I don't know if he told Amrita though."

"Thank you for saving me." I whispered quietly, eyes welling up.

"Divya, why are you crying? It was just my duty." Vijay's eyes turned back to the road. After a few minutes of comfortable silence I spoke again.

"No, because you usually do a lot of comedy though you don't tend to. I've also scolded you many times and not once you have talked back to me. So, I'm wondering how can such strength come from this body?"

"Hello! Divya, this is real blood ok?" He said, in a fake angry voice. I barely looked away from his face the entire time, that I didn't notice his blood stained shirt. I gasped as I looked at him and to his shirt and back to him.

"Vijay? How-" My voice broke and eyes started rolling down my eyes again. I reached over and touched his t-shirt, getting drops of blood on my fingers. Vijay, abruptly stopped the jeep near the side of the road.

"Hey, it's ok. I'm fine now aren't I?" Vijay lifted my chin forcing me to meet his gaze.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't-" I stopped, took a deep breath, and continued. "I didn't mean to make fun of you. I-I didn't notice the blood till now. I'm sor-." My voice broke and tears escaped from my eyes and rolled down my cheeks.

"Divya....."

"And who told you to come save me?! Now look what happened to you!" I yelled at him, as I wiped my tears with my hands angrily. "What do you think of yourself? Big Iron man or what? Coming to save me it seems!"

"I can take care of myself. I made up my mind to rescue you knowing the dangers, which I can handle." He answered calmly.

"You can take care of yourself? Really? Then how come you lost so much blood?" My gaze trailed over his face and body, cuts and wounds open and blood dripping from them. Vijay just grinned at me and said, "Are you worried about me?"

"I-I-Of course I would be worried about you! What kind of stupid question is that? You can't even look after yourself!" I huffed and turned to look forward.

"Kaduvale! I'm sorry ok? Next time I'll be more careful." Vijay slowly turned my chin back to him and pinched my cheeks. "Now please smile? You look very dangerous when you're angry." Vijay made a cute pleading face.

"Fine, but you owe me ice-cream now for making me so worried. Ok?" I pinned him with my best fake glare.

"Whatever you want we'll get." Vijay smiled, I couldn't resist keeping an angry face anymore and smiled back at him.

Suddenly we both turned to take the road ahead when we heard the sound of a truck honking only to see it coming in full speed towards us. Vijay tried to move our Jeep but all his efforts went in vain. The truck collided with the front of the Jeep, throwing me back harshly against the seat.The sound of the Jeep brakes and wheels screeching echoed loudly in my ears. The force of the impact pushed me back down making my head hit the hard surface of the board. I screamed in pain as my vision blurred. My window shattered as the Jeep curved and turned on one side pressing me down to the cement road.

"Vijay...." I gasped. The smell of the fuel leaking from the Jeep filled my lungs making me cough heavily. My breath shortened as I tried to see Vijay through my dimmed eyes. His voice seemed far away too far for me to hear what he said. My head spinned as I strained to make sense of what he was saying.

"Vij-" I couldn't speak, as though someone was squeezing my neck. I could see blood but I couldn't make out where it was coming from. I tried to lift my arm to find something to grab onto but my arms were stiff at my sides. Moving felt impossible as pain shooted throughout my body.

Everything faded into the background as I focused my attention on the exertion of my head. I felt like I was drowning in the abyss. Darkness surrounded my every thought as I sunk into the feeling.  

Hey Guys,

Hope you all like this chapter. As I said I updated. Please let me know, how this chapter is, and give me your thoughts on what might happen next. Also if you have some ideas, let me know Thank you all for supporting this book. 

- Anitha