Chapter 50

Shehnaaz stood in front of the mirror taking a final look at herself.

Just the right amount of makeup and her shiny straight hair cascading into large curls around her shoulder made her look like one of the runway models.

She had chosen a mock neck jersey gown with a thigh high slit from the dresses Dina had sent her.

This Ralph Lauren outfit had instantly caught her attention. The fabric stretched across her hourglass figure flattering her perfect curves to perfection. The steep black wedges that her feet adorned made her look atleast five inches taller than she was.

Completing the ensemble with a pair of platinum dangler earrings, she gave herself a satisfied look. 

No matter how much she hated being married to Sidharth, She couldn’t deny the perks that came with it. To begin with the house, it was no less than a luxury hotel. You could see architectural wonder and beauty everywhere your eyes moved. She now had an exhaustive collection of bags, shoes, perfumes, makeup. You name it and it was all there and some more was added to it every now and then by Dina, who had made it her mission to fit in every top notch brand that was there in Shehnaaz’s closet. And the comfort, that was a different story altogether. All she had to do was pick up the intercom and ask for what she wanted and voila, it would be done in the next moment. She bemused herself with the thought that staff members could even bend backwards if she commanded.

She had been given access to a locker in the closet, the glimmering contents of which had left her jaw wide open. The state of the art, electronically operated safe was filled from top to bottom with wads of cash and jewelry boxes which she was sure, would be worth crores. Apart from this there was another antique looking safe which belonged to his Grandmother. Both the safes had a freaking coded catalogue for making the access easier. The contents of this catalogue was nothing but images of exquisite and fine jewels, the physical versions of which sat in the safe.

An American express black centurion, no limit credit card that was handed over to her along with a few cheque books and debit cards.

She hadn’t felt the need to check her new accounts, one individual and one joint with Sidharth to know how much she was worth now but she knew that the universally accepted black Amex was one of the most powerful cards in the world that was issued only by invitation. She could walk into a showroom selling an aircraft and swipe the no limit card to pay for it.

From beneath her thickly coated lashes, she studied the stunning but unrecognizable doll staring back at her.

The eyes that twinkled with joy even if someone as much as uttered his name, looked empty. The face that was lit up with a smile every time she was with him, now looked expressionless. Anyone who saw her on the exterior would hands down envy her life. A handsome hunk of a husband who was loaded beyond imagination, a hi flying life replete with every luxury money could buy.

But no amount of makeup, clothes accessories or wealth could erase or ease the painfully bleeding scar that was his wedding gift to her, along with all of the things listed above.

She was lost deep in her agony when he sauntered into the room and stopped right behind her, looking at their reflection in the mirror. Soon as their gaze met, she lowered hers, and fidgeted with something on the dresser.

The broken eye contact made him flinch. He wanted to tell her how breath taking she looked, he wanted to put his arms around her and feel the warmth of her, fill himself with his favorite perfume, which was Shehnaaz now, he wanted to make mad love to her until she forgot all the miserable moments. But when he saw her avoiding him, all he could do was let out a deep sigh of despair. God knows when this ordeal will be over, carrying away his disheartened thoughts, he moved away to get ready for the party they were heading to.