Chapter 41

As usual the morning meeting had dipped his mood and Sidharth spent the entire day in a grim silence.

When Hazel had come with the same bunch of papers twice, asking for his signatures, he had blasted her for being careless and sent her away with a quivering chin.

Did it make him feel awful? Of course it did, but he couldn’t help the situation he was in right now.

Making a mental note to apologize to the lady later, he looked at the watch fretfully.

It was 5.00 pm only and still an hour until his doll arrived, tagging in the brightness along with her.

Suddenly the thought of going back to the worksheets seemed repulsive.

He decided to take a walk and went to the hotels breezy pool level for some fresh air.

Also since Shehnaaz had developed a great rapport with Hazel thanks to her regular visits, she was doubling up as Shehnaaz’s spy and reported to her with number of sticks he puffs through the day.

It was then that he had made the pool level his hide out and often came down for a sneaky smoke.

The thought made him chuckle with laughter.

The CEO of Jubilee Chain of hotels and other allied industries, the man who commanded a conglomerate worth billions, was shit scared of his girlfriend.

The silly thought warmed him. A quick glance at his watch told him it was 5.45 pm and there was hardly any time for the last bit of his sneaky routine which included a mouthwash and generous spray of his Valentino to mask the burnt smell clinging to him.

He stubbed the cigarette hurriedly and almost sprinted back to his office.

At 6.15 pm the intercom buzzed and his smile came back with the ring.

“Yes” with bubbles in his belly he answered.

“Sir, Shehnaaz is here” his PA sounded dull, and he felt burdened with the guilt from the morning.

“Yes please send her in” he replied unable to decide if he should apologize now or later.

He went with later, the apology had to be face to face, just like the offensive remarks had been delivered.

Before disconnecting the call, he though of something “Ummm Hazel..Please…” his words were cut across by his PA

“You had two meetings, one with Head of HR and one collaboration call with Etihaad airways, both of which have been pushed for tomorrow. Your schedule is clear” she announced robotically and Sidharth couldn’t help but stifle a smile.

“Thank you madame” this was the gentlest of the tone he had ever used with her.

“Your welcome sir” her smile could be heard from the phone itself.

But nevertheless, apologies were definitely in order. 

Disconnecting the call, the attention of every cell in his body was fixed to the door and soon as Shehnaaz entered, he realized he had been holding his breath.

She looked phenomenal in a blush colored off shoulder dress with the fluid fabric cascading on the side seam.

With her figure well enhanced, the garment which stopped just a few inches above her knees, had already started flirting with him.

Pairing it with nude stilettoes, light make up and slight curls bouncing off her shoulders, to his eyes, Shehnaaz looked every bit of a goddess worthy of endless worship from head to the toe.