Chapter 38

“How do you feel about marriage?” very calmly, he asked and sensed her instantly stiffen.

“Did I just hear marriage? Or am I hallucinating?” lifting her body off him, she supported herself on her hand while looking at him,dumbfounded.

She could hear her heart drumming wildly inside her chest.

Her expression got a low chuckle out of him.

“Stop being such a drama queen. And yes, you heard it right, I did say marriage.” He quipped, studying her.

“Why...? how? Whattt?” she scowled breathing heavily.

Taking a moment to moisten her dry mouth, she pulled herself together

“don’t joke about such things ok” rolling her eyes, she got off the bed and stood near the dresser, brushing a few baby hair off her forehead.

“This is our life baby, and its not a joke” he followed to stand near her. She studied her face in the mirror, he was really serious.

Her heart was almost about to tumble out of her mouth.

Her lips parted from time to time as if she was about to say something but ate back her words again.

“Are you going to say something?” he egged her again, turning her to face him.

“I want to marry you” cupping her face, he asked again.

“is that an announcement or are you asking me?” with her brow winged upward, she challenged him.

Sidharth loved this quality of hers, she didn’t take things lying down and always spoke her mind.

Also she had a problem being ordered around, he remembered.

“Ok, let me reframe myself. Will you marry me Shehnaaz?” his intent eyes were locked to hers, with his voice deepening into a murmur.

She bit her lip as a smug smile crept on her face. He sounded so downright delicious, it sent her dancing with joy inwardly but on the outside, she felt her palms go clammy and her body shook with a nervous excitement.

“Ok first of all, I am sorry for being an anxious mess” placing her palms on his chest she looked up at him, studying his face.

“But you’ve just thrown me off-guard” her labored breathing was giving away her mixed emotions.

He let out an audible sigh “ok, listen, take some time, think about it and then answer. But whatever u decide, will not change anything between us. I love you sweetheart and I just felt this was the right thing to do. I want u to be mine, in every sense” articulating his feelings to the best of his ability, he let go of her and went back to sitting on the bed, looking every bit of the heartbroken boyfriend.

“is this about Amitoj?” her brows furrowed as she paced to him.

“Who’s Amitoj now?” he frowned on hearing another guys name. She slapped her forehead in exasperation

“Sweetuuuu the instructor, remember? This morning…you scared the daylights out of him. Are you proposing marriage because ummm…u feel territorial?” skeptically she asked and moved near him.

“Are you out of your mind? I don’t even remember him” he retorted clearly disheartened that she would think so low of him.

“actually just forget I asked you, it was bad timing, but you know the impatient me. I don’t even have a ring. I don’t know what got into me. Sorry” his shoulders slouched in resignation and he cursed himself inwardly for being so impulsive.