Chapter 12

Even after an hour past their lunch, neither of them seemed to be in a hurry to part.

Feeling replete after a scrumptious fare, Sidharth and Shehnaaz had taken their discussion over to the poolside.

Seeing the stranded vicinity, Shehnaaz had concluded in her mind that it had probably been closed for visitors, since the owner was entertaining his guest.

She shook her head smiling and realized she was warming up to his bossy behavior even.

Sidharth suddenly took his phone to call someone and the next minute Rana appeared, carrying a small box in his hand.

Placing it in front of Sidharth, he retreated without a word spoken between the two men.

Sidharth pushed the box towards her and noticed her brows furrow in confusion.

“It’s a gift. For you” he said and gestured her to open it. Shehnaaz hesitantly opened the box and gasped on seeing the contents.

Cushioned within the smart packaging was an exquisite, diamond studded watch in rose gold. A Rolex.

It was the women’s edition of the one he was wearing minus the diamonds.

Her gaze flitted awkwardly between the expensive timepiece and his smiling face.

“Sidharth, this is too much.” She started

“I… i cannot accept this” shaking her head, she stuttered pushing it back to him.

“did you not like it?” he asked, studying her face

“Nooooo that’s not the point, I like it, it’s beautiful. But why would you give me such an expensive gift?” she asked again as he pushed the box back to her.

“Because I can” the autocratic tone finding its way back. She let out a weak chuckle

“Sidharth, am happy that you have achieved so much, so young, but that doesn’t mean you lavish your wealth on me. I am not here for that. This” she pushed the box to him again

“this means nothing. I enjoyed being with you. Every moment today and that is enough, but I cannot take this, I mean, we have just about started, and I don’t even know how far we might go, it feels wrong to accept this from you at this stage” explaining her predicament, she looked at the box as if it was something unholy.

“Sweetheart, I am glad you enjoyed my company and it is all the more endearing that you are least interested in my wealth or my status. But I saw that badgered watch on your hand and I felt like I should gift you a new one. Had I been a steward I would have gifted you a less expensive Titan maybe, but as you rightly pointed out, I have achieved
too much too young and spending a few dollars on my loved one does no harm to my bank account.” his words had her hyperventilating.

Loved one? Did he really mean it? so soon?

“Can you at least take a moment to appreciate my thoughtful gesture and say thank you, maybe, or if you find my gift really good, you could also come closer and let your lips do the thanking. I wouldn’t complain” the flirtatious tone made her smirk and look away blushing.

But she was still not convinced.

“Sidharth” she began, looking at his hand which had held hers across the table. His thumb was gently grazing the back of her hand, in slow, circular motions.

“Please stopppp” she whined commanding his gaze, “I cannot think straight when you do that” the raspy voice made him grin triumphantly.

Shehnaaz saw he was in no mood to let go of her hand and continued anyway