Chapter 14

At 6.00am, Shehnaaz woke up with a pressing need to pee. 

Rising wearily from the bed, she walked out of Kartiks bed sluggishly and opened the door, only to find the adjoining one of her room open.

A quick peak in the room told her he had left. Stewing in silence, she answered the natures call and came out when she heard a clink from the kitchen.

He was still here, her heart galloped.

Walking straight inside, She stopped as she saw Sidharth peeping out of the window.

His back faced her.

"Good morning" she said, announcing her arrival and he turned to look at her.

His shirt hung loose, with all of his shirt buttons open now and his delectable torso was on display.

Shehnaaz's eyes were already in her forehead as she saw the sexy vision.

"Good morning sweetheart. I made coffee. u want some??" he smiled, placing his cup on the counter and taking another one for her.

While she awaited the liquid to heat up he sensed her sullen mood and came closer "i am so sorry for last night baby" his arm snaked around her waist, but she shrugged out of it hastily

"we need to talk Sidharth" she sounded cold and the warmth on his face was gone.

They settled down with their coffee's in the living room.

Shehnaaz took a chair and sat across him, "I want answers Sidharth. What is the deal with your parents and how does your drinking get into the mix?" she glared at him.

Fuck this feisty side was even more sexier, he thought, smiling to himself.

"Looks like you are ready for another trade off" he smirked, sipping on the hot coffee.

"to hell with your trade offs. If we are to go anywhere from here, it will be with
ur answers" she immediately bit back her tongue and looked at him to gauge his reaction.

Her snappy comeback had surprised him, but it was a refreshing feeling for him.

He loved the way Shehnaaz challenged him.

Running his fingers thru his hair, he placed the mug on the coffee table ahead of him and leaned back into the couch, closing his eyes.

The sides of his shirt slipped down now giving her a full view of his toned abs and pecs.

His beautiful bronze complexion threatened to weaken her resolve and she had to look away to still be in angry mode.

“Can we close this distance before I begin? Please?” it was the gentlest of tone she had heard from him

“With the way ur glaring at me, I am starting to feel like this is some kind of a police interrogation.” He chuckled, even with the nerves wrecking a havoc inside him.

He was stalling she knew.

“Start speaking Sidharth or you can leave and never see me again” she muttered angrily, taking a sip of her coffee.

“Please baby” he extended his hand towards her, while she kept staring at it

“Cmon, love, have a heart. Believe me this isn’t easy for me” his silky voice and the peculiar choice of endearment had melted her heart.

She moved to sit beside him, but he was fast enough to catch hold of her wrist and pull her to him so that she landed on his lap.

A soft gasp left her mouth, while she tried a weak resistance, but his hold was too tight.