Chapter 8

Beyond the Clouds – Chapter 8

Shehnaaz tried her best to avoid him, but every now and then she found her gaze roving and settling on the deep chocolate brown orbs that were intently looking at her. 

She wore a shimmery rose toned bodycon dress and had paired it with nude pumps. 

Up until now she was totally comfortable, but his presence had started to make her feel conscious. 

After a while she gave up on dancing and went to where her gang stood, trying to make small talk, but still couldn't free herself from his stare. 

 Kartik's hand came on her shoulder and she stiffened for the first time, remembering his angry looks from the flight earlier when she held his hand. 

Trying to grab the cold glass of water Raima hold out for her, she stealthily freed herself from Kartik and stood away. 

Who knows what the man was capable of? And she didn't want Kartik to be in any kind of danger. 

When she had seen him, she had liked him, even in his drunk and vulnerable state, but at this moment, she felt like walking up to him, and empty the contents of the glass on his head and tell him to butt off. 

And that is just what she was going to do, convey it loud and clear to him that she is not available. 

She took a heavy breath, excused herself and stomped to the table he occupied. 

She saw him straightening as she approached him with a cold look. 

Having seen him twice earlier, looking exceptionally gorgeous in a suit, what met her eye today, blew her mind further. 

Sidharth wore a blue tshirt, a sleek brown suede jacket and as she stood near her table, he rose, pushing his hands in the pockets of his faded blue ripped jeans. 

His hair looked neatly set, gelled even. Every inch of him screamed Sinful. 

 Holy fuckkk, she grunted inwardly, totally forgetting the angry resolve she came here with. 

She wanted to hate him but could do nothing more than stand and gawk at him. 

A few moments of silence, a brief match of stares and the resurfacing of the similar arrogant smirk on his face, brought her back to her senses. 

"What is your problem?" frowning, she had to shout out her words for him to hear. 

Without a second's delay, he took her hand in his, very firmly, and headed towards the exit. She kept resisting, but his grip was too tight. 

They were on the street now, but it was New York and the place was bustling with multiple commotions of cars, sirens, passers by etc. 

Sidharth kept walking, dragging her behind him, until they had reached a fairly secluded spot, and stopped midway. 

Since half her attention was to where they headed, she didn't realize he had stopped walking and walked straight into him instead, colliding with the huge wall of muscles.

Steadying herself, she pursed her lips tight and cocked her head at him 

"What is this behavior Sidharth? She asked, angrily, snatching her hand away from his. 

"Whoa.. that was a quick transition from Mr. Shukla and Sir to Sidharth. I like it.. ur fast" his upturned lips and lopsided grin, teased her. 

Rolling her eyes at him "You were Mr. Shukla when you were a passenger flying with Quantum. Right now, you are just another human being, invading my space, so Sidharth is what you will get" she swatted his hand that was coming dangerously close to her face and started to walk back to the bar when he pulled her back, with strength this time.