Chapter 29

“Left with Rana. Where are you?” she texted, resting her head, on the plush seat of his Porsche.

Just like he had said, before she even arrived Rana was already waiting at the gate to whisk her away.

“Still at work, will be home by eight” he texted back, and her face fell.

Whenever she had visited his home, he had always been with her, but this time it was going to be different.

She groaned softly with the thought itself. “WTH Sidharth, what will I do without u? its going to be so awkward for me baby” her face scowled as she typed and the next second it beeped back

“Baby I am so sorry, I am caught up in meeting. And besides why will you be awkward in your own house? Jonita knows ur coming and m sure she has informed the staff.” His reply made a furious shade of red
creep on her face.

The irritation forgotten, her mind was focused on his your own house comment.

What was this guy? In a single sweep, he takes my breath away without even realizing it, she blushed tapping the phone gently on her forehead.

“Please come soooooonnnnnnnn” she whined even on the text awaiting his reply.

“Be there as early as I can my love. Now go home, have a relaxing shower and get ready. And please be a doll and pull out a change of clothes for me too. I love u.” signing off from the conversation, he was probably back to his boring meeting while she listlessly stared at the traffic ahead, imagining Jonita’s sullen face.

Wonder what that lady has against me, she hardly even smiles when I greet her, Shehnaaz sighed, and even thought about talking about it with Rana.. but then decided otherwise and busied herself
browsing through her phone to kill time.

Shehnaaz used her palm at the biometric panel to open the door just like he had shown last time, and clapped her hands like an excited school girl when the door opened.

The house was so huge, there was a slim chance that she would run into Jonita or a staff member, unless she actually hunted for them.

She wondered if his forever sulking housekeeper would welcome her with a smile. But did she really care? No, she answered for herself and headed straight to his room..

After a rejuvenating hot shower, she felt a little less tired and was even looking forward to spending time with Sidharth and his friends.

But the man was still not home, she frowned and picked up her phone to check the time but his msg awaited her.

"reaching home in half an hour. There’s something for u on my side of the drawer" it announced and her curious eyes flew
to the night stand.

she opened the first drawer and gasped upon seeing a blue jewelry box. Rolling her eyes at the extravagance, she opened it and the contents left her speechless just like the other times.

Perched in the velvet case was a gorgeous pair of earrings.

Two luminous pearls hanging down from small silver loops encrusted with diamonds.

"everytime i feel u have spoilt me for choices, u end up proving me wrong" she muttered smiling to herself.

To say she had loved them would be an understatement. But it also felt like a huge burden to keep them safe at all times.

Nevertheless, she picked up her gift and sauntered in the closet to look for the perfect outfit for the evening for them both.

Her side of the closet was so stacked, that it was difficult to choose which lucky one gets to come out today.