Two Hours

TW: BLOOD, VIOLENCE, DESTRUCTION, SWEARING, SCREAMING, DEATH

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One minute. 

That's how long it took them to wreak havoc. 

10 minutes.

That's how long it took them to find my house.

5 seconds. 

That's how long it took them to kill my parents. 

I ran out of the house as fast as I could, leaving my mother's screams behind me. The world is in chaos. It's pouring with rain but somehow fires rage on the roofs of buildings. I watch the world in slow motion. Roofs cave in, mothers grab their children, people are dragged out of buildings and murdered in front of my eyes. Real people, people I know. 

Heavy leather boots smack in the muddy puddles that coat the cobblestone streets. Water washes away chalk drawings the schoolchildren drew yesterday afternoon. Soldiers wearing black and green uniforms carry swords and crossbows that chink together as they march onwards. 

15 minutes. 

That's how long it took me to notice them.
Two boys. The taller one clutched his friend to his chest. They were both covered in mud and blood. But only one of them was bleeding. The dark-haired boy was on the verge of passing out and his friend was frantically trying to keep him awake. The blond was on the verge of tears. The sight was sickening. I didn't think, I ran to them. 

10 seconds. 

That's how long it took me to run over and hoist one arm over my shoulder and tell the blond boy to do the same and start running.  

20 minutes. 

That's how long it took us to get out of town. 
Away from the chaos, the death, the screams. We ran through the streets as fast as we could. Our feet tripping on stones and the stench of blood suffocating our senses. I saw a kid's burnt socks lying in the road, a laundry line carrying what once was clean clothes, the head of the iron golem who was supposed to keep us safe. 

30 minutes. 

That's how long we ran for before realising we had to stop. 
We were in the middle of a forest. It was still raining, fat droplets fell on our heads and coated our sopping clothes. Through the thick canopy, I saw the dappled quilt of thundering clouds above our heads. The smell of blood lingered strong and persistent. 

We lay down the injured boy who groaned as soon as his back touched the tree we rested him on. Sticky wine-coloured blood covered the boy's middle and coloured the grass black.
"Come on Tubbo you need to stay awake!" the blond boy grabbed his friends hand tightly. 
"Go one then! DO SOMETHING!" He yelled at me. I flinched startled before gathering myself together. I've got this. 

I peeled the bloody shirt off the boy and found what I was looking for. The gash was deep, but not so deep it could be fatal. What was fatal was the amount of blood the boy has lost. He was growing more sickly pale by the minute. I gagged. I closed my eyes to compose myself and remembered what my mother taught me.

First I needed to stop the bleeding, then clean, then disinfect, then bandage. 
I ripped off the edge of the inner layering of my long skirt. It was cleaner than the outside. I folded it as tightly as I could and pressed it onto the wound as hard as I could without making things worse. 
"Hey mate what's your name?" I asked the blond. 
"It's Tommy," he choaked out. 
"Tommy I need you to apply pressure like how I'm doing, see?" He looked at my hands and nodded and shuffled over to help. 
"Perfect, I need to find clean water, I'll be right back I promise."

25 minutes. 

That's how long it took me to find clean water and bring it back in a plastic bag I had in my pocket. 

15 minutes.

That's how long it took to stabilise Tubbo. 

2 hours. 

That's how long it took for my world to change forever. 

~~~~

Helooooooooooo!

I hope you enjoyed this first chapter :)
I'm still learning how to write good stuff so please forgive me. Also, my spelling is TERRIBLE so please catch me if I spell something wrong :) 
Thank you so much for reading
Ily
Now go eat some good food and drink water :P