BlackJack

TW: SWEARING, YELLING, FIRE, BLOOD, VIOLENCE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We're back!" I singsong through the cave and haul the heavy sack I'm carrying down the stairs. There are two more upstairs for Techno and me to drag down in a minute. 
"Where is everybody?" Techno said. I hum in agreement and look around our dimly lit ravine, the glow of our nether portal coming from one end. It was eerily quiet.  
"They must be out, let's get the rest of the loot," I say dismissing the absence and go back upstairs to drag down another sack. 

Techno and I had spent all of yesterday and today out getting loot. Our short trip was good for us, we got away from the hubbub of our little cave and back out to what we do best. Hunting, training, messing around and mining. Techno was dragging down sacks of diamond, gold, iron and Redstone we had collected whilst I was handling the food. I think I chose better considering that my sacks were far lighter than Technos. We emptied the loot into their correct chests and storage spots before heading into the potato farm. 

The farm had become out little space. Only we really went in there except for Wilbur who liked to wander around. I pulled out my axe and sat down. Techno had given it to me on our trip. It was netherite and contained the same enchantments of his axe. He called his the Axe of Peace and insisted I should also have some kind of sick name. I laughed and said I'd think about it. Unlike Techno's axe which was designed with jagged edges and raw sides with straps of leather, bound with obsidian and could be the same length as a greatsword, mine was a little more dignified. 

A/N: Credit to @renatapatata on Tumblr 

I brushed my fingers against the smooth gold lining and gripped the leather binds tightly in my fit. It fits me perfectly, exactly my size and small enough for me to take anywhere I wanted without any trouble. I watched the enchantments glitter and dance across the metal, only looking up as Techno sat beside me and pulled out his own axe. 

"Matching axes eh? Pretty cool right?" I giggle.
"Yeah it's pretty cool Techno," I set my axe back down on the ground and Techno clears his throat.
"So... you and Dream huh?" Now it was my turn to cough.
"W-what?" I say. 
"You and Dream, you two seem pretty close," Techno sounded extremely awkward, but I knew he wouldn't ask if he didn't care a little bit. 
"Uh yeah sure," the tension is so thick you could cut it with a knife. 
"Y/N it's painfully obvious you like him, hurry up and do something about it," Techno huffed. Of course, he knew, he's known me since I was a child. 
"Yes, I feel something for him, something serious. But I don't want to feel that way! Think of Tommy and Tubbo and Wilbur and all that's happened. He kidnapped me and destroyed thousands of lives." I groan and cover my face with my hands. 
"Well when you put it that way he's not a catch at all, are you sure you don't want me to..."
"NO! I mean, please don't. Gaaah I shouldn't care but I do!" I let all my frustration out to Techno, I know I can trust him with anything. As long as no one else knows that he knows, he won't be peer pressured into saying a thing.