012 ( new years eve )

CHAPTER 12
NEW YEARS EVE

New Year's Eve was on top of them

Gojo would not leave him alone, and the paperwork was piling. So immersed in it all Nanami had completely forgotten his plans for New Years'.

Even Y/N had been so busy with her clients they didn't speak much. An occasional nod and word of hello were it was needed but that was all. Right up to New Year's Eve where they had been given the rest of the week off to celebrate.

"Do you mind meeting me at the party? I need to run a couple of errands first"

Nanami was at home sliding on his coat, casting a glance into the mirror before replying, he was on the phone with Y/N.

"I don't mind"

"Sounds great, see you soon"

He was about to toss his phone to the side but another call made him look down. He frowned, hitting the speaker so his hands were free to comb back his hair.

"It's my day off, Satoru"

"It's not like you're going out"

Silence, then an incredulous laugh on the other end as Nanami's face turned red.

"Since when?! It's With Y/N isn't it?"

"What does it matter to you"

Nanami leaned over the sink arms braced beneath him as he let his head fall forward.

"What do you need Gojo"

"Nothing, just stay safe"

Gojo abruptly hung up. Uneasy, Nanami raised his head staring at the mirror tiredly. He had been waiting for the incessant nagging or at least a warning to keep his distance.

The blonde was wearing a tuxedo. Corporate had invited all its workers to a small party and that was one of their stops for the night. As much as he enjoyed being put together, Nanami didn't like this much gel in his hair.

He couldn't believe he was doing this all for one person.

So much for not being attached

____

Y/N might as well have kicked Nanami in the stomach.

He could see only half of her face as she stood awkwardly by herself at the entrance.She hadn't even taken off her jacket. It was a white fluffy thing that wrapped around her shoulders.

He stood a good distance away at loss for words. Somebody nudged him from behind.

"Well"

It was Ito, Nanami blinked at him and his coworker blushed scratching the back of his neck.