014 ( day off )

CHAPTER 14
DAY OFF

Nanami was picking up groceries when he found himself in front of a flower aisle, Thoughtfully he picked up a small banquet of yellow carnations and bringing it to the counter

Nanami was picking up groceries when he found himself in front of a flower aisle, Thoughtfully he picked up a small banquet of yellow carnations and bringing it to the counter. It was the same old lady he saw everyday when he came home from work.

"My, I never see you this early in the morning"

"Quick grocery run"

She smiled ringing it up. When she got to the flowers she held them up studying them.

"These are my favorites, who are they for?"

When he met her eye he felt his face warm-up, she already knew the answer. His mind flashed back to the first night Y/N had invited herself over.

"Have a lovely day, young man"

"Thank you, you to"

When he left the store he was a bit disoriented. He decided to walk the three blocks to Y/N's house he checked his phone.

They had called an hour before, and it was now almost two hours till noon. It had been a pleasant wake-up call, Y/N still half asleep as she had mumbled a hello, mentioning that she would hold his jacket hostage if he didn't come over.

It didn't take much convincing, he had been thinking about it all night when he had gone to bed.

When he arrived at her door he didn't even have to knock, she opened her door, a smile on her face. She was wearing jeans and a sweatshirt with a cute character on it.

"Good morning"

"You're here!"

She leaned forward kissing him on the cheek before pulling him in.

Her TV was silently playing the local news and there were already tomatoes and onions all chopped up, a boiling pot on the stove.

Nanami slipped off his shoes, there was a lighter atmosphere than the last time he had visited. The window was open, letting in a fresh breeze and he followed Y/N to the kitchen, washing his hands.

"What do you have in mind"

"I thought we could make something up as we went along, there are some muffins I'm making too, but I held off just in case you wanted to make them together"

He could have kissed her right there.

"Oh, yes I almost forgot"

He left and then came back with the flowers. She stared at them for a good while, enough to make him rethink his decision. However, it immediately went away when she took them with both hands cradling them to her chest.

"For me?"

"Who else would I give flowers to"

The sound of grease popping made them jump back and they laughed. Y/N scurrying away to find a vase while Nanami started the process.