Coping With Feelings

Kokichi bursted our in tears of anguish unable to hold it back. Why did he have to be so god dam selfless. Shuichi was gone. He was going to lose him for good now. The world was spinning too fast and Kokichi was struggling to breath. A dark thought came to him. It was his saving grace.

"My Shuichi is dead.... than if I die... We can be together again." That poisonous thought latched hard into his brain and slowly brought him a numb calmness.

"Shuichi... must be so lonely..." Kokichi didn't feel right as he heads to the kitchen putting his empty bowl in the sink only to pick up a sharp knife, "Don't worry you won't be lonely for long." Kokichi softly smiles holding the knife in his hand as it reflected his tear streaked face.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Shuichi steppes outside of the house to take a few deep breaths. Rantaro just vanished and merged with the city folk as he made his way home. Shuichi really wanted to talk to Kaito. Kaito would know what to do or Kaede even. In the distance he spotted Shindo who he stared at in disbelief.

Shindo looked just like his twin brother except he wore glasses. He was dressed in what appeared to be priest clothes and looked at Shuichi confused. He pauses for a moment not sure how to react.

"Uh... you're Shindo right? I'm Shuichi Saihara...." Shuichi explained.

Shindo nodded and slowly approached him, "You're here early. My brother and I thought it be months before you found this old place." Shindo explained showing off a bag of groceries, "I brought extra food for Kokichi. He's always eating junk food. I just got off work... Ummm... So.... you know that you and Kokichi live here together?" Shindo asked.

"Yeah." Shuichi nodded.

"Do you know about your marriage than?" Shindo asked.

"I do. Kokichi and I are married but the more I think about it... I realize with our age no one would marry us... so maybe it's just a promise of engagement?" Shuichi explains.

"Oh no. You're really married to each other. I married you both off myself. I have the certificates at my church. No one questions my church. So it's an official marriage." Shindo explains calmly.

"I see..." Shuichi touched his chest.

"Kokichi told me to leave him but if we are legally married than I'm at least legally responsible to take care of Kokichi and him take care of me until we file a divorce... Kokichi won't like it, but for now... I find peace in this arrangement." Shuichi thinks relaxing.

"Do you hate my brother now? You're not going to leave him are you?" Shindo looks scared.

"Well if what you say is true I'm legally obligated to take care of Kokichi until a divorce is filed." Shuichi explains.

"Really that's a thing?!? I've seen many people cheat and do all kinds of things while married and the police do nothing and neither does the spouse." Shindo looks amazing.

"That's right. This is the same environmental that people don't understand what murder really is. That's why Kokichi probably didn't react scared when I had a bat.... So everyone's sense of morality is twisted and the law isn't helping establish a proper guide than my legal obligation rebuttal will fall short on Kokichi... dam..." Shuichi thinks sighing.

"Shindo. How did things get this bad? To the point that the law doesn't enforce itself?" Shuichi asked.

"Well... not sure what you mean by that. It's always been like this as far as I recall. Oh I know! You're talking about the really early days before Danganronpa! Back than police actually arrested people and people could feel despair!" Shindo chimed.