18

Hank was pissed. He was raging as he tore the house apart. How the hell did she get away? There was no way she could have gotten free. He made sure of that. Claire had been with him and was pregnant. It wouldn't be prudent to blame her. He knew it wasn't one of the other girls. Then his mind went to Stacy. The new girl. She must have let her guard down. While Hank was out getting more women, it never occurred to him that she would let the little bitch escape.

“Stacy get your skank ass down here!!” Hank bellowed. The young red head ran down the stairs, stopping at the base. Shaking.
“Yes my love?” She asked, wanting to vomit just from saying the words.

“How did Marilyn escape?” He barked.
“I was in the bathroom. I was getting ready for when you came home. I rushed out when I heard the front door but I was too late. I swear I didn't let her get out. I have no idea how she got out of her room.” She dropped to her knees and bowed down to him. Hoping he wouldn't beat her like he has done to the others.
“Are you that fucking stupid you let that fucking cow get away?! She's gonna tell the cops about us! They're gonna put us in fucking jail!!!” Hank screamed as he slapped her, splitting her lip and causing her to fall.
“I had no idea she had gotten lose!” She cried out as he lifted her up and hit her again.
“You had one fucking job! Keep her here! Don't let her get lose!” he punched her in the stomach, making her gasp for air.

Marilyn woke up crying. She had another nightmare. Hank was raping her again.

“Shhhh, it's alright. I'm here.” Josh soothed her. He sat on the hospital bed next to her and hugged her as carefully as he could.
“It was so real. I don't want to dream.” She cried softly as he sang to her.

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful
Stop me and steal my breath
And emeralds from mountains thrust toward the sky
Never revealing their depth

And tell me that we belong together
And dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

And rain falls angry on the tin roof
As we lie awake in my bed
And you're my survival, you're my livin' proof
My love is alive and not dead

And tell me that we belong together
And dress it up with the trappings of love
I'll be captivated, I'll hang from your lips
Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

And I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

And I dropped out, I burned up
I fought my way back from the dead
Tuned in, turned on
Remembered the thing that you, said

I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life

I'll be your cryin' shoulder
I'll be love's suicide
And I'll be better when I'm older
I'll be the greatest fan of your life
The greatest fan of your life

Marilyn drifted back off to sleep, clinging to Josh. Josh was so pissed off. He hated the fact that someone hurt her so badly. That someone could be so horrible to a person who was so sweet and kind.

Josh refused to leave Marilyn's bed. He wasn't going to risk something happening to her.

Stark sat at the front door. There was no way anyone was getting into the apartment. Josh had changed the locks, put a deadbolt on the door and a chain. There was also a simple alarm system. Josh wanted to make sure Marilyn was safe if he wasn't there.

Marilyn woke up the next morning and freaked out Josh wasn't in bed. She slowly got up and walked through the apartment, Stark ran to her side. She tip toed around and checked to see if Josh was in the apartment. There was a knock at the door and she froze. Stark ran to the door and started to growl and bark.

“Marilyn, it's me, Megan!” A voice called out. She slowly made her way to the door and looked through the peephole. She let out the breath she was holding and unlocked then opened the door.
“Hi....” She said meekly.
“How are you?” She asked as she walked in then locked the door.
“I'm ok....just wondering where Josh is. I woke up and he was gone.” She sat down on the couch and Stark joined her, then Megan did.
“He had to work. He asked me to check in on you. I brought you some broccoli cheddar soup and some saltines.” She smiled as she got up and went to the kitchen to fix the soup.
“Thanks. I hate not being ok.” Marilyn sighed as she ran her hand over Stark's head.
“It's gonna take time. It won't happen right away.” She felt so bad for her friend. She wanted to do more then just give her soup. She wanted to make her feel better. She wanted to find a way to help more.

Megan went home after she spent time with Marilyn. She had a few thoughts on what might brighten her friend up. Aside from visits. So she made a plan to set up some outings and keep her spirits up.