06

------------------------> Stark!

Mike and Marilyn were walking around a shelter when she noticed a dog that caught her eye. It was a 6 month old puppy, a German Shepherd. She knelt down and looked at the dog, he seemed to like her, licked at her hand when she put it up. She looked to Mike who smiled.

“I'll go find someone.” He laughed.
“He's cute. And he's a baby!” She gave a small laugh as she looked him.
“He's gonna be big.” Mike let out a sigh as he went to the front office.
“So? You'll keep me safe when Mike and Josh aren't around.” Marilyn smiled as she looked at him.
“Oh this guy? Someone is coming to get him today.” A guy said as he and Mike walked up.
“Do you have any other dogs that make good watch dogs?” Mike asked when he saw how sad Marilyn got.
“We have a few Akitas and 3 poodles. All pups. Someone dumped them all in a field. They're great dogs. They have a love for their owner but won't back down if someone tries to hurt their owner.” He smiled as he lead them to another area of the shelter.

Marilyn saw the puppies and smiled at them. The man let her in the kennel and Mike watched as she interacted with the puppies. She was drawn towards a puppy that was listed as a tri colored brindel parti in coloring. He was smaller then the other puppies and looked sad.

“Mike I wanna get him. He's so cute.” She smiled as she stood up with him.
“He's is kind of cute. Is he a poodle?” He laughed as the kennel staff shook his head.
“Yea it is. Your girlfriend is more into the dog then you are.” The guy laughed.
“Go get the paper work.” Mike glared at the guy as Marilyn cooed at the puppy in her arms.
“Josh is gonna laugh. I think he thought you'd go after something smaller.” He laughed as he looked at the puppy.
“This ittle guy is cute. Look at his face!” She laughed as she held him up. The little puppy licked Mike's nose making him smile.
“So just fill these out. It's 150 to take him today. We give him his shots and chip him.” The guy said as Mike held the puppy. Marilyn filled out the papers and handed them back as she took the puppy from Mike. Mike handed the guy his credit card and they walked to the front.
“What's his name gonna be?” Mike asked as she cradled the puppy.
“I dunno. Maybe Stark.” She smiled. Mike laughed as he thought of what Josh had told him. Marilyn loved comic books.
“Iron Man?” He laughed as they reached the counter.
“Yep. And I can see this pup being a bad ass.” She gave a small laugh.
“So we'll take him in the back and get him taken care of.” A woman smiled as she took the puppy.

Marilyn felt a twinge of sadness as they took the puppy. Mike sat on the bench while they waited. Marilyn thought of what they needed for the puppy and relaxed. She thought about the fact she would have to walk it, feed and care for it. She smiled. She would be able to play with it too.

Once back at the apartment, Mike shook his head as Marilyn walked around with the puppy. He had to puppy proof his apartment. He took his phone out and called Josh. He had to come see “Stark”.

“Yea?” Josh looked around his apartment and groaned as he tried to find his keys.
“Marilyn got a puppy.” Mike laughed as he watched her.
“A little puppy?” Josh laughed as he shook his head.
“Try a big puppy. It's gonna get big. And chew.” He watched as the puppy went for the dinning table.
“No Stark!” Marilyn laughed as she stopped him.
“Did she just say Stark? And big puppy?” He laughed.
“Yea. It's a Standard Poodle. It's gonna get big. And bite people it doesn't know.” Mike threw a towel to Marilyn for the puppy to play with.
“I'll pick up some dog stuff for it. I'll be there in an hour.” He said as he hung up.

As Josh walked around the store he thought about what the dog might need. He grabbed some things for it to chew on, some toys, food and bowls. He was trying to pick out a teething toy when someone walked up.