because you wrote "don't forget" on your arm [n.m]

ew short chapter

pairing; nihachu/niki + justaminx/minx

prompt; i forgot a jacket and now we're eating sweets at 1am in your car

title from; you wrote 'don't forget' on your arm, flatsound

tws; swearing

---

niki stood at the back of the crowd, eyes fixed on the brunet on stage. her friend, wilbur, had invited her to one of his band's concerts, and since niki had nothing else to do, she accepted. now, she was regretting it greatly.

it was freezing out. she was shivering, hands clutching her bare arms, rings and bracelets cold against her skin. niki wanted to go home, badly, but wilbur had driven them here and he was performing at the moment. she should've asked for the keys earlier.

"hey, are you okay? you look cold." a voice laced with an irish accent rang out from behind her, muffled and faint from the volume of the music. niki turned, her breath catching in her throat.

"uh, y-yeah, i just forgot my jacket," niki nodded, a lock of pink hair falling in her face. the girl frowned, shaking her arms out of the sleeves of her black jacket. she draped it over niki's shoulders with a small smile.

"there," the girl folded her arms over her chest.

"oh, thanks," faint pink dusted niki's cheeks as she pulled the black fabric tighter around her.

"i'm minx," the girl tucked a piece of auburn hair behind her ear. she held out her hand for niki to shake.

niki took it, smiling softly at minx. "i'm niki, nice to meet you!"

"yeah," minx released her hand. "this shit's boring now. wanna come with me to my car? i have like seven bags of candy in the back."

"well, really? i'm supposed to be here for my friend and—"

"no offense to your friend or anything, but he can't really appreciate your support if he's singing his heart out on stage," minx shrugged, picking at her dark nails.

"...alright," niki nodded, slipping her arms into the sleeves of minx's jacket. minx's bright smile returned and she grabbed niki's hand, weaving through the crowd at the back and out to the parking lot.

minx lead niki to her car, a shiny black truck. minx climbed into the driver seat while niki went to the passenger side. the engine sputtered to life and they were driving out of the parking lot in no time.

"i figured we could go to a nearby field," minx said, glancing over at niki, "there's a lot of flowers and we could, like, stargaze or something."

"ooh, sure! i've always wanted to go stargazing," niki giggled.

once they arrived, minx parked the truck on the field and unbuckled her seatbelt, reaching into the backseats behind them to grab a huge bag of candy and a blanket. she pushed the door open with her foot and hopped out, walking to the end of the truck. niki followed suit, accepting minx's hand to climb onto the back of the truck.

minx tossed the blanket around them, handing the bag to niki for her to open. "there are other kinds of candy, not just this one," minx said. they leaned back against the truck, taking turns pointing big stars out and picking candy out.

"wait, wait, so where's the big dipper again?" minx asked. "i can't fuckin' find it."

niki laughed. she took minx's hand and raised it in the direction of the constellation. "it's there. stars look a little closer together in constellations."

"is that real?" minx frowned. niki nodded.

"that can't be fucking real."

"it is, it is!" niki insisted. "star are actually really far apart but they look closer so it's easier to form and find constellations."

minx looked at niki like she was insane. niki only shrugged, reaching her hand into the candy bag again.

"i need to look this shit up," minx muttered, shoving her hand into her pocket and fishing out her phone. she opened it, fingers tapping away at it. after a minute, she sighed and put it away again.

"am i right?"

"you're right," minx grumbled. she folded her arms over her chest, lips curling into a pout.

"do you have a pen?" niki asked, a light giggle escaping her lips. minx nodded, hopping off of the truck's bed and jogging to the driver's side. she came back a moment later holding a thin black pen.

"gimme your arm," niki held out her hand for the pen. minx pressed it into her hand, holding out her arm after. niki uncapped the pen and held it up to minx's arm, scribbling something down quickly before snapping the cap back on.

minx lifted her arm to read the ink.

xxx-xxx-xxxx
don't forget <3

niki's face was flushed pink even in the dark, matching her hair, blue gaze fixed on the field of flowers. a tiny smile ghosted over minx's lips as she put her arm down.

"i won't," minx said, setting the pen down on the truck's bed.

it was silent for a few minutes before niki asked, "what time is it?"

minx fished her phone out of her pocket. "almost 2am," she replied, looking over to niki again.

"oh. i should go, wilbur's probably looking for me," niki sighed.

minx opened her mouth to protest, but closed it and nodded instead. "here, i'll drive you back."

they climbed back into their seats in silence. minx started the car and drove out, back into the emptying parking lot.

"thank you," niki smiled at minx.

"it's no problem," minx waved her hand dismissively as niki unbuckled and opened the door. niki waved one last time as she shut the door and jogged up to a man in a yellow sweater and black beanie. minx waited for a few more minutes, reading over the text on her arm.

she didn't think she'd forget.