i know we didn't choose to change [c.f]

i've been neglecting this book i apologize lmao

pairing; dream/clay + fundy

prompt; two drunk vampires in love

title from; your power, billie eilish

tws; vampires, swearing

---

fundy rolled onto his side as he giggled loudly. the air smelled of wine, two bottles laying empty on the carpeted floor somewhere. he rolled back over to see clay gazing over at him with his red-streaked green eyes.

"w-what?" fundy asked, his fingers reaching up to touch his own face. he was worried there was something on his face now.

"nothing. you're just pretty," clay murmured in reply. fundy felt his face flush red, his tongue reaching to lick his fangs like he always did when he was nervous. the feeling of the sharp teeth occasionally digging into his tongue was calming to him.

"i am? i've never seen my face, and i've changed so much," fundy said shyly. he and clay were laying on the floor facing each other now. pale sunlight peeked into the room through the heavy curtains, framing clay in an ethereal glow.

"are you kidding me? like, i know we're these stupid, shitty vampire thingies but you've seriously never even seen what you look like?" clay stammered, tripping over his words in his drunk state.

fundy shook his head, eyes scanning over clay's handsome face, his bright golden hair, and his beautiful red and green eyes.

"that's so st-stupid," clay muttered. "your hair is literally so pretty. it's orange and auburn and there are some streaks of white but it looks so cool. you're like anna from frozen."

fundy laughed at the comparison, picturing the disney princess's braids and the one white streak. did he have multiple streaks, or just one? his father only had one. fundy's father also had a bad arm, just like fundy had a bad wrist before he was turned. fundy didn't even remember life before he turned.

"and your eyes... gods, your eyes, they're like dark coffee brown with little flecks of red and gold," clay continued. "what do i look like?"

without a second thought, fundy breathed out, "heaven. you look like heaven."

it was worth it when clay laughed.

"where am i supposed to start? gods, clay, you're absolutely gorgeous." fundy rolled onto his back, staring up at the cracking ceiling.

"just start with my hair."

"it's like long and fluffy and golden and i just want to touch it, it looks so soft," fundy said in a hushed whisper, as if they were two teenagers behind the bleachers in high school.

"you can touch it if you want," clay giggled. "don't be shy, fundy."

"okay." fundy gulped. "you can touch mine, too."

they scooted closer together, hands reaching to brush through the other's gently. fundy slowly pushed clay's fringe back to see his bright emerald eyes, to see pale freckles dotting his face and cheeks.

"your eyes," fundy whispered.

"what?" clay laughed. fundy's face burned but he continued on, "your eyes are like jade and emerald combined with other green gemstones, i forgot. but there's some red rimming because we're drunk but it's mixed with gold like you said mine were."

clay's hand slowed to a stop curled in fundy's hair.

"can i kiss you?"

now it was fundy's turn to stop his hand. he mustered a nod, watching with wide eyes as clay leaned in and closed the gap between them, pressing his lips to fundy's softly. it was slow, or at least fundy thought it was, and clay tasted like the wine they'd been drinking. it was almost sour then, but now it was sweet and addicting and fundy wanted to savour it.

"wow," fundy mumbled when clay pulled away. the blond was grinning, fangs flashing in the pale sunlight, free hand linking with fundy's.

"can i have another?" fundy mumbled, gaze falling to the dirty floor.

"you can have as many as you want."