golden hour [w.g]

kinda late to this ignore that lmfao
also sorry the shots are so short, i've got one that's gonna be longer i just have to finish writing it lmao

pairing; wilbur soot/wilbur + georgenotfound/george (+tommy for like the beginning?)

prompt; not really an exact prompt just kinda a drabble

title from; tommy's video where they all met up i tink

tws;

---

"it's the golden hour!" tommy laughed as the camera landed on george. the brunet was being outlined in an orange, practically golden, glow from the sunset, and he was completely oblivious and confused about what tommy meant.

tommy swung the camera around to see wilbur gazing over at george, the tissues sticking out of his nose red and bloody at the top, but wilbur didn't seem to mind or even notice.

"aaw, they're in love!"

laughter erupted from tommy as both wilbur and george's faces went red and they both looked away. wilbur calmed down after a minute, glancing over at george again, who was hiding his face in his hands. tommy stopped the recording and put his phone down.

"i'm sorry guys, did i make either of you guys offended or anything like that?" tommy asked. the question and concern was genuine, as he usually sounded off-camera.

"no, just surprised," wilbur replied. george nodded in agreement, though he was still hiding behind his hands.

"so, can i make jokes like that?"

"if they're lighthearted, yeah." george finally put his hands down. wilbur wrapped his arms around george's shoulders and pulled him closer until their thighs wre pressed against each other and george's head was buried in wilbur's chest.

"yep," wilbur said.

as tommy struggled to start the recording again, george subtly laced his and wilbur's fingers together. they locked eyes for a moment before george's gaze fell to the water flying by. there was a spray of sea foam from the speed of the boat, the setting sun illuminating the city behind them in a bright glow, much alike the one that had outlined george moments before.

"i got it!" tommy yelled triumphantly. a few people near them glared at him, but he ignored them and angled the camera back at george and wilbur.

"it's literally your phone. how hard was it?" george scoffed, voice muffled from wilbur's sweater. they were matching today, a request of george's that wilbur just couldn't decline. they'd spent hours the week before just searching online for clothes they both liked.

"oh shut up, gogy," tommy replied.

hours later, now, it was just wilbur and george. they walked hand-in-hand through the dark streets, swinging their arms back and forth. they'd shed their coats back at george's place, now only in their jeans and cream sweaters.

wilbur had suggested they take a walk, just the two of them, but now they were walking back. they'd been out for about an hour and a half and george claimed he was getting tired. wilbur had offered to carry him but george was too proud to let him do that in public; the stunt on the boat was only because wilbur knew exactly how to get george to do what he wants.

"are we almost there?" george whined, dragging out the letters.

"it's your house, george," wilbur giggled. george stopped where he was for a moment before shrugging his shoulders and tugging wilbur along.

"can we get pizza when we get home?"

"we can get whatever you want, love."

---

after they'd gorged themselves on pizza and soda, a sleepy wilbur held george in his arms while george cuddled his tiny grey kitten to his chest. they hadn't even bothered to clean up the mess on the coffee table before they curled up together on the couch. the television droned on in the background though neither of them were watching or listening to it.

when wilbur's hand slowed to a stop in george's hair, george glanced up at him. wilbur's eyes were closed and his head was leaning on the back of the couch.

"you falling asleep, wil?" george asked softly, smiling, wilbur nodded and hummed lowly before he dozed off completely. george reached up and carefully slid wilbur's glasses off his face and set them wherever there was space on the full coffee table. he also tried to reach for the tv remote to click the tv off but almost woke wilbur so he decided against it.

george's kitten meowed and jumped out of george's arms onto the floor, almost knocking a soda can onto the floor.

"no!" george grabbed—or tried to—the can off the table before it could tip and fall. the kitten looked at george as if she'd done nothing wrong and scampered off. george sighed and put the can back, wrapping his arms around wilbur's neck and snuggling closer to him. it wasn't every day they got to do things like this, with streaming and recording and the distance apart they were.

"hey, george?" wilbur mumbled, voice slurred from how tired he was. george hummed in response.

"are we in love?"

george sat up slightly. "do you want to be in love?"

wilbur nodded. "i love you, george."

"then i love you too, wilbur." and this time george was sure of it.