though you haven't been around in weeks [g]

have a short one lmao
i actually really like it omg

pairing; georgenotfound/george

prompt; i really dunno it's more of like a drabble from that burst of inspiration at 1am

title from; shampoo bottles, peach pit

tws; "anxiety," derealization??? idrk someone correct me pls
---

"are you even awake, george? are you sure you aren't dreaming?"

george's scream was caught in his throat as he shot up from his position, eyes snapping open. the world around him was blurry for a moment before he blinked and everything came into view. it was dark, small particles of lights floating around. fireflies, maybe?

"where the hell am i?" george whispered, lifting his goggles and propping them on his soft hair. his hand brushed over the top of his head and came into contact with what felt like tiny mushrooms. george's eyes fell to the ground, seeing vines and flowers and fungi growing around him, even over him.

"hello?"

the longer the silence went on, the more anxious and panicked george was. he scrambled to his feet, breaking vines and twigs, flowers falling off of him in his rush to stand. dirt crumbled off his clothes, the blue of his sweatshirt faded, pants dirty and wrinkled.

george quickly figured out he was in a forest, but last he checked, he didn't live anywhere near a forest. where were sapnap and dream? how long had he been asleep? it had to be only a few hours, right?

stumbling through the woods was horrible. his legs were just waking up again and he kept tripping over stray logs and vines. the path was worn and barely visible but george could still see it.

fireflies flitted around him, lighting up his way in small little patches of glow. the darkness was suffocating and the fireflies were, in a way, similar to sapnap's warm hugs or dream's kind voice: comforting. george found himself missing them like they've been gone for centuries. they were just waiting for him at the community house like always, weren't they?

"hello?" george called out again, but his voice was so soft and small that he couldn't even hear himself. the silence was roaring in his ears and he just wanted someone to say something back to him. relief washed over him when he saw light breaking through the thick darkness of trees and large mushrooms.

the closer he got to the light, the more eager he was. george even let out a laugh as sunlight poured over him, eyes closing only to open to the sight of everything he once knew covered in vines and flowers. all of tommy's cobblestone towers you could see were overgrown, the prison, once dark and gloomy, was alive with flowering vines. bloodvines peeked out from between green, mixing with the mushrooms and flowers.

"w-what happened?" george whispered to himself.

"simple. you fell asleep."

george jumped at the voice, whirling around to see a familiar spirit next to him. george shrunk away, hand flailing for something to hold, grabbing and clutching a nearby tree trunk. the familiar mask he once found comfort in was now streaked with blood and dirt, an "x" carved into it, but they weren't clean cuts anymore, it was jagged and full of crimson. the previously green and gold robes were red and silver and black.

"you... what happened to you? where is sapnap, where's dream?" george felt lightheaded.

"oh, george." the spirit laughed, throwing its head back, golden locks gleaming in the spoiled sunlight. its halo wasn't pale and gentle anymore, it was harsh and dark and thick black liquid oozed off of it, mixing with the spirit's ethereal locks.

"they're gone."

"you slept too long, georgie. tsk tsk."

george's legs slowly gave out until he leaning completely on the tree for support. the laughs of his old friend were horrible, and george wished the horrific sounds would leave soon, he wished for the uncomfortable silence in the forest again. he was alone now, he didn't have anyone to give him a gentle hug and a kiss on the forehead, he didn't have anyone to whisper comforting words to him, to even hear a human voice anymore.

he slept too long.