everything is blue [w.g]

i didn't even watch the stream so this will be incredibly inaccurate probably
i just looked up what happened or the gist of it anyway but most of this is what i would say happened
pls don't come for me for getting shit wrong lmao, i'll fix it once i actually watch the damn stream

pair; wilbur soot/wilbur, ghostbur lol, dream/clay, awesamdude/sam, tommyinnit/tommy

prompt; ghostbur is gone, and he's back.

title from; colors, halsey

tws; swearing, implied dreambur

---

ghostbur nervously walked through the dark hallway, feet lifting off the ground every so often, following sam, listening to sam's boots hitting the obisidian floor.

"i don't exactly need to do the procedures on you considering you're dead." sam's voice was so much more hard and cold than ghostbur remembered. ghostbur was hopeful that it was only in the prison and not outside.

"so, do i just, go?" ghostbur asked, trying to clear his throat, though it didn't do much for his hoarse voice.

sam nodded, pushing a lever down. "just keep going along with the lava." the magma pouring down slowed to a stop, and ghostbur stepped onto the platform. it felt like metal under his misty feet, though he had no idea how he properly felt it. the platform started moving as more lava parted for it, and he started moving along with it.

dream's blond head lifted, lava reflecting in his green eyes. the emerald orbs were once shiny and happy, but now they were dull and tired and scared.

"wilbur?" dream's eyes were trained on the ghost as he stepped of the platform.

"wilbur is gone. he's never coming back," ghostbur replied, but he sounded unsure. he was unsure. he had a bad feeling about this visit.

"yeah, alright," dream laughed. ghostbur watched as dream stood from where he sat in the corner, shaking his jacket off of his shoulders and tying it around his waist.

ghostbur backed up until he was almost in the lava. it was just starting to drip down as sam pushed the lever up, but ghostbur could hear sam yelling something and tommy's shouts. a sly grin spread over dream's face and he placed a hand on his shoulder. except instead of sinking through ghostbur's shoulder, it held firm, almost as if ghostbur was a real, living, breathing person.

"tommy?" ghostbur looked over his shoulder to see sam and tommy wrestling for a netherite axe. how had tommy snuck that in? how had tommy even gotten in?

ghostbur heard a faint, "perfect," from dream as he applied pressure to the hand on ghostbur's shoulder. ghostbur stumbled back, the heat from the lava radiating onto ghostbur's yellow sweater, and he shouldn't have been able to feel the heat.

"dream, what are you doing?"

"dream, stop!"

ghostbur was shoved even further, the back of his sweater completely enveloped in the lava.

"dream, no, please, don't! he'll be back and that isn't good, please, dream!—"

"bring my darling wilbur back."

sam and tommy froze from where they stood as ghostbur's scream echoed around the chasm and a bright white light filled the room, all of the lava flowing disappearing for a moment. dream stepped back from the lava, hands planted on his hips triumphantly, grin wider than ever.

once the bright light had dissipated, a tall, lanky brunet sat on the platform in the middle of the lava. the magma was parted so tommy, sam, and dream could see the new wilbur. a white streak shot through his hair and he was wearing his old jacket with his yellow sweater underneath. a bandage was wrapped around his left bicep, but red was peeking through.

"wilbur?" tommy asked, almost a whisper in the vast room.

wilbur turned his head, flashing dream a grin. the green-eyed man was behind the netherite barrier again, but he was resting his chin on his palm with a gentle but evil smile, green eyes shining. they weren't dull anymore.

"hello, darling," clay cooed. wilbur gave a tiny wave and one last smile before he pushed himself to his feet. sam's hand fumbled for the lever so the platform could keep moving. the metal moved to dream's cell and stepped off, ruffling dream's dirty hair before stepping back on. the platform jerked forward for a moment, moving smoothly to the other side where sam and tommy stood, eyes wide with shock, both still holding onto the handle of the axe.

"tommy, sam," wilbur greeted them, opening his arms. when neither boy moved, he sighed, "so rude. i just got back. no hug, tommy? hug your brother."

tommy still didn't move, but his eyes looked shiny and watery.

wilbur groaned. "you're both insufferable."

"clay, love, thank you for bringing me back!" the brunet turned to call to his lover. the lava hadn't moved back to the middle, so wilbur could still see the boy.

"'course, wil." wilbur heard dream shout over the bubbling and popping lava.

"so, what's changed? walk with me, tommy." wilbur took tommy by the shoulder and started strolling through the hallway back to the "entrance" of the prison. the axe was finally pried from the teen's hands, left in sam's.

"w-wilbur," tommy choked out. he wasn't sure if he was happy his brother was back, or he if was mad that dream had killed ghostbur and was in a relationship with wilbur? all in all, tommy was overwhelmed, and he could feel a breakdown coming on, but tommy also felt he needed to be "strong" around this new wilbur. new wilbur seemed like he wouldn't tolerate weakness.

"yes, tommy?" wilbur smiled down at the boy. tommy could do nothing but shake his head, keeping his eyes on the floor and his same worn out shoes tapping at the dark floor.

"sam, dear, could you open the portal for us? thank you!"

"alright, tommy—"

"no, you don't get to just fucking act like nothing happened! you don't just get to come back here and drop this goddamn bomb on us that you're dating dream and you're back and... and..." tommy trailed off as he ripped his shoulder away from wilbur's hand. sam came walking down the hall, going behind the blocks considered a desk, and pulling a lever. the portal behind them lit up, the purple glow reflecting onto them.

"just... explain later, when we find phil and techno," tommy muttered, stepping into the portal. wilbur followed suit, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"there's so much to do, so much to see!" wilbur's long legs carried him down the path in the nether, hands spreading as he ran through the warm biome.

"i wonder what has changed," wilbur mused, stopping in front of the portal, turning around to wait for tommy.

"a lot," tummy muttered in response. they stepped into the obisidian structure, letting the purple warp them back to the portal hill.