Reconciliation 🤝

Alex was currently sitting in his living room, nervously bouncing his leg up and down. Willie was gently rubbing his back, trying to soothe him from any panic attacks that might occur.

Reggie was sitting on an armchair a few feet away from them with a frown on his face. He just hoped everything was going to be okay.

"What was Julie's reaction to all this?" Willie asked.

"I wasn't there to see it. Julie passed out as soon as me and Flynn put her in bed. I'm sure Flynn's there calming her down now." Alex said.

"Wait, Flynn's here?" Reggie perked up.

Alex mentally slapped himself.

"Uh, yeah. Her flight landed yesterday morning. She got a job working at Runway and starts on Monday."

"And no one bothered to tell me?" Reggie's eyes widened.

"Julie said that Flynn told her she didn't want you to know." Alex shrugged, "I would've warned you sooner."

There was a weird expression on Reggie's face, but Alex didn't have time to dwell on it when there was a knock on the door.

Alex lunged towards the door and opened it to reveal the one and only Luke Patterson.

"Where the hell have you been?!" Alex practically shouted at the guy and brought him into a tight hug. "Everyone's been worried sick!"

"I'm sorry. I needed some time to myself."

Luke looked really tired. His voice was monotone and he was missing that fire that usually put an extra bounce in his step.

"You look like a train wreck." Reggie commented from the living room.

Luke ignored his comment and began searching for ice in the freezer.

"How are you feeling?" Alex asked as he leaned against the kitchen counter.

"Geez, Alex, I don't know. I can't look at my phone without being reminded of everything that happened that past twelve hours. How do you think I'm feeling?"

"That explains why you haven't bothered to get in contact with anyone and let them know you're okay."

"Alex, I appreciate you worrying about me. I really do. But right now, I really don't feel like I owe anyone shit."

Luke was now filling a ziplock bag with ice so he could put it on his hand. Alex sighed before taking the bag out of his hand and leading him over to the dining room table. He helped Luke apply pressure as they sat.

"Luke, I don't think you know the full story. You know how the press can be. They take something small and blow it way out of proportion. I'm sure it's just some huge misunderstanding."

Luke looked to Alex, "Like what?"

Alex shrugged, "I don't know. Honestly with Bobby and Julie involved it could've been anything. You know they can get really rough with each other sometimes."

Luke's eyes widened, "Was that supposed to make me feel better?"

Alex sighed, "Not like that, idiot. I mean they play rough. Y'know, pushing each other around and trash talking? I'm sure it was just an accident."

Luke stayed silent in his seat, staring at his lap as the room fell quiet. Willie and Reggie were both listening from the living room, but they didn't comment on anything.

Alex thought to himself for a moment so he could figure out a way to put this in terms that Luke will understand.

"Luke, you wanna marry this girl, right?"